Does the Bible say that all Christians will go to heaven?

HabibUrrehman

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 10:35 am
@Leadfoot,
You do know that Jesus was born to Mary? It was not like Jesus came from sky and declared he is son of God and has come down as human.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 02:20 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
I *said* that he came to this world just like every other man, through the birth canal of a woman named Mary in his case.

How explicit do I have to be?
That has no effect on his also being the Son of God.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 02:44 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Wait a minute. Do Muslims believe that we are this bag of flesh and bones? Is that what you think we are?
That possibility had not occurred to me until this conversation.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 02:49 pm
In 1 John chapter 5 John says that he writes these things to those who believe in Jesus that they may know that they have eternal life.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:07 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Those who don't believe in Jesus are going to suffer from their wrath. That's not even reward or the stick. Their whole families are doomed by being slayed by believers. I believe, it's called murder. 1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and attack the Amalekites ... - Bible Hub
www.biblehub.com/1_samuel/15-3.htm
Now go and smite Amalek, and destroy utterly all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. English Revised Version Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2015/01/22/yes-the-bible-does-say-to-kill-infidels/ What did Amalek do to Israel?
This role appears in several stories: In Exodus 17:8–16, Amalek makes war against Israel in the wilderness. According to 1 Samuel 30:1–2, the Amalekites invaded the Negev and Ziklag in the Judean/Philistine border area towards the end of the reign of King Saul , burning Ziklag and taking its citizens away into captivity.
Amalek - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalek
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:30 pm
We’re all gonna die CI. If you don’t like the deal we got here, go find another.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 08:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
We’re all gonna die CI. If you don’t like the deal we got here, go find another.
I like my life just fine. Done most of what I wanted to accomplished, traveled the world, and retired early. I worked in management or did business consulting for over 80% of my working career. According to a log on my travels, I have visited at least 104 countries. We live in Sunnyvale, CA, considered one of the safest cities in the country according to the San Jose Mercury News. The climate is moderate year round, and this is the heart of the high tech industry, where we attract some of the smartest and brightest from around the world. If California was to be a country, we would be the fifth richest. We live in a state with some of the most diverse geology and beauty any place on this planet. San Francisco and Hollywood are favorite destinations for travelers from around the world. We have Death Valley, the Sierra Nevada Mountains that provides us with year round activities including Yosemite National Park, and the Pacific Ocean with Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon as our neighbors, and they add to the diversity. We have some of the best universities in the world here that includes Stanford, UC Berkeley, Harvey Mudd, UCLA, and a few others. Santa Clara University is ranked #54 in National Universities for 2020, and that's just a few miles from where we live. https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/24/san-jose-san-francisco-among-nations-most-educated-metro-areas/ Apple's main campus is located about one mile from where we live. They're the richest company in the world. Apple also built a huge campus in our city. Finally, we live one block from Kaiser Hospital; at our age, it's a blessing. Dr Bhargava, my personal physician, has been my doctor for over 20 years. She trained at Stanford. https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/The-scramble-for-Sunnyvale-Tech-companies-in-12908684.php
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 10:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
yeh but the best calamari is in Santa Cruz. I could explore and paint those Coastal Hills near Novato. Ireally loved my time living in Marin county, but I hated my time living in Stockton. (Gave mee the really bigtime creeps that town did). I was around there when that whale came up the Sacto River and the entire Population of the San Juaqin was out trying to shush the dumb beasts back out to sea. Remember That One?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 10:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How are things CI? I hope you are doing well.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 11:25 pm
@farmerman,
Stockton is a hell hole today. The crime rate is more than double of any city in the area. http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Stockton-California.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 11:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Things are plugging along, but we're still healthy enough to do our daily walks, and watch tv all day long like the rest of humanity as we're told to "stay home." Would love to visit our son in Austin, but that's gonna have to wait until it becomes safe to do so. Yes, we are doing well, and hope you are too!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Congrats, You’ve added some stuff to the bucket since last time. That’s gonna be a heavy sucker when you finally kick it. Give it hell CI, may you fill it to overflowing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 02:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
I've done stuff many in this world have not. I have friends in Russia, Germany, France, England, Cuba, Bhutan, Singapore, Canada, Mexico, and all across the US. Traveled to 104 countries according to my log. Work career was interesting, challenging, and fun. It also provided me with the necessary 'currency' to travel to my heart's content. I base it on luck and timing, and the fact that my grandfather had the insight to travel from Japan to Hawaii in the late 19th century, and my father and two uncles decided to come to California in the early 20th century.
0 Replies