Possible Sleep Disorder?

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:00 am
My husband is a healthy man. He works a lot of hours (55-65 hours a week regularly) and since he is the general manager of a restaurant, his hours are not always the same. He has always been a heavy sleeper and someone who needs about 9 hours of sleep a night. His job causes stress and makes him tired but thing are worse than they've ever been. He's been in this business for about 6 years but it has never been this bad.
He is always tired. Even after 12 hours of sleeping (which on his days off he does regularly). He is still tired, irritable, intolerant and inconsiderate. The other day he flipped out at one of his employees and I think this really bothered him. He has a hard time paying attention. I can be talking to him and he won't even hear me until I say "Hey, did you hear me?" quite loudly to startle him out of his daze. This has never been the case with him. Also, he has a terrible time getting to sleep at night. He is an insomniac. This is effecting our relationship and I don't know what to do about it! I can't continue to pull all the weight in our household because he is too tired!! (I do the finances, the housework, the laundry, the dishes...)

A friend of mine suggested that perhaps he has sleep apnea. I told her that he does not snore and she said that this is not always a symptom of apnea. I want him to see a doctor but getting him to the doctor is like pulling teeth. I figure if I can get some information on some possible sleep disorders he might see that he may have one. Anyone out there have sleep apnea and NOT snore?
Or perhaps, it was also suggested that he is depressed? Anyone who has had an experience like this? Please help...I am going CRAZY!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 572 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 02:49 pm
Extreme fatigue and irritability can be signs of clinical depression--or of physical illness.

Does he have a family doctor? If not, I suggest you find one.

If he objects, explain that you are worried and trying to avoid early widowhood.
0 Replies