Crush problems!! (How to talk to your crush) Please help!!

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:14 pm
So I have a crush on a guy. The hard part is that I have never talked or met him. I mean I see him at break times, and I always go where he is and try and act "casual" with my best friend. We always laugh our asses off together at random stuff. Anyways, I was just wondering how should I try and talk to him? Considering he's always surrounded by a couple of people and he doesn't know me, were basically strangers. Although, the only plus side is that we like the same stuff. He wears band tops like ADTR, AA... And anime & game tops and reads manga. I just know we'd hit it off, I'm not expecting him to be my boyfriend of whatever lol I just want to be awesome friends but that's too much too expect since I only see him at break time and at the hallways. Nothing ever will happen if I don't do anything I know but I just don't know how to do or what. He's always surrounded by friends so it's a bit hard. The only contact we've had was when his friends were messing around and threw his pen over to where I was and I picked it up for him. He said thanks I said you're welcome. THATS IT. I was considering writing a letter of some sort but the main issue is "how would he get it"? We have no classes, no contact so its gonna be hard. I don't even know what that will accomplish. Please help me out!!

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:22 pm
@Kellicaf,
"Hi, I'm Kellicaf! I noticed your Naruto* shirt and you know, it is so hard to meet people around here who are into it."

*Or whatever he's wearing. Be prepared to talk about an episode or something so you have more than a few words to say.
Kellicaf

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:28 pm
@jespah,
@jespah. Hey, thanks for the answer! My name isn't "kellicaf" just saying lol its just a ship name Kellic AF(as fxck) lol. Anyways, it's just really hard and weird, especially when there's a whole bunch of guys surrounding him. I'm really uncomfortable around people especially guys
jespah

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:56 pm
@Kellicaf,
My name isn't jespah. Wink

I think the best thing would be to try him when he is alone or with as few people as possible.

You can do it! Smile
Kellicaf

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
@jespah,
@jespah fair enough xD

Thanks, I'll try although he's never alone and if he were I'd die before talking to him xD do you like someone? Maybe we can talk trough a social media sharing our despair xD
jespah

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:48 am
@Kellicaf,
Aw, honey I'm over 50 and I've been married since before you were born (1992).

But I do remember that time rather vividly.

It stinks but I'll tell ya, when you get older and you look back on it, you'll wonder why you were so shy. And you'll kick yourself for not reaching out to people and at least making the attempt. In all seriousness, the embarrassment won't kill ya, and you'll start to shed your shyness.

Shyness is a real issue when you get older. You need to be able to ask for raises, to get to the front of a line to get hired, etc. Not to be rude and obnoxious, but to get what you need in life.

We see so many people come through here, and there is like a shyness epidemic these days. I don't know why so many people are lacking in self-confidence. I understand it's hard to shake that, but the teen years are a really good time to do that.
Kellicaf

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 10:47 am
@jespah,
Haha fair enough!

Yeah I guess you're right but its just really hard for me. I'm not good at these things. I mean I would of talked to him but he's just always surrounded by guys. I'm kinda scared of them in a way. I know sounds weird. If I can't handle one, the most important one, I certainly cannot handle all his friends A.K.A more guys. And he's almost never alone. Scath that NEVER, and most of times he makes me feel like he hates me or wants to get away from he because I try to discreetly wait for him when the bell goes off to go to class (since he doesn't go to my class he is a grade higher I don't see him much) and he takes some time but when he actually starts heading back towards the building and me being close by he starts speed walking like almost trying to get away from me. He goes out of his way to do so but not all the time, mostly. I don't see why because he doesn't know me to get away from me but then again maybe I creep him out because he sees me at breaks time always and catches me staring. Yeah, I screwed up :c
ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 11:16 am
@Kellicaf,
how are you at saying hi to guys who aren't so important?

practice on them - just say hi to people when you see them

no expectation of anything else

it gets easier over time

by the time you see this guy alone, you'll be fine saying hi to him

___

you have to start by saying hi to everyone

___

on a sort of separate note, I am getting a better understanding why my mother insisted I say hello to all of the neighbours when I saw them every morning. why she pushed me to just generally be friendly and courteous

after a while, saying hi to anyone - even people you're crushing on - isn't such a big deal
Kellicaf

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:13 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the advice but my problem is that he's never alone Sad lol
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 10:05 am
@Kellicaf,
Start by saying hello to other people.

By the time you're used to doing that regularly, it won't matter that other people are around your crush.
0 Replies