Does he have a crush on me? *male answers prefered*

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 10:31 pm
There is this boy, and we have been friends for may years. He asked me out the the dance and for about a week after that he would give me small gifts everyday. He has talked about not being able to date until he is older, which is fine, but one day my friends pressured him into asking me out. (I ended up finding out that my friends were up to it so we didn't go) He will also often try to "show off" when he is around me. He still talks to me like we are friends (which is great) but I have caught him blushing almost every time. Does he have a crush on me? Do you think he secretly loves me? Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 883 • Replies: 15

View best answer, chosen by doggie lover
McGentrix
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 10:33 pm
yes.
doggie lover

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 10:34 pm
@McGentrix,
Thanks for your help! =)
0 Replies

doggie lover

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 10:54 pm
@McGentrix,
How can you tell?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 10:56 pm
@doggie lover,
doggie lover wrote:

...we have been friends for may years. He asked me out the the dance ... he would give me small gifts everyday.... He will also often try to "show off" when he is around me. ...I have caught him blushing almost every time.

Only based off what you've written. If you are honest he has a crush on you.
doggie lover

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 10:58 pm
@McGentrix,
Thank you so much!!
0 Replies

doggie lover

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 11:57 am
@doggie lover,
If he does have a crush on me, what should I do?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:55 pm
@doggie lover,
That depends on what you want to happen.

Do you want to date him? Do you want to just be friends? Do you want him to disappear and never bother you again?

doggie lover

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 01:25 pm
@maxdancona,
I guess I kind of want to be more than friends. I'm assuming that you think he has a crush on me? Is there anything I should do?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 03:28 pm
@doggie lover,
So, you want to build a relationship with him. I am guessing that you are both teenagers (correct me if I am wrong). Every relationship is different, but usually there is a flirting stage, then a time when you are both sure of mutual interest, and then some sort of relationship is established (I am old, but we used to call it "going steady").

It is hard to give specific advice without knowing either you or him. But I will try to offer some suggestions.

I think making it clear to him that you are interested in being more than friends is good thing. It will let you and he talk directly about your feelings rather than this game of trying to guess what the other person is thinking.

Simply saying to him "you know I like you... and I want to be more than friends" is one way to do this. It will give him a chance to tell you directly how he is really feeling about you. Some people will tell you that you should always let the boy make the first move. This depends a lot on how things are generally done where you live (i.e. your culture). But simply telling him how you feel doesn't stop this from happening. It may give this boy the confidence he needs to pursue this relationship.

The other option is to do the flirting game... which is less direct but sometimes more fun. You can make someone know about your interest without saying anything. One problem with this is that sometimes young people don't communicate well. No matter what you do, the poor boy might just never get it.

In my (many years of) experience. At any stage of a relationship things work better when there is good communication. He needs to know for sure that you have interest, and you also need to know what he is feeling.

I hope this is helpful.

doggie lover

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 03:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Omg, I can not thank you enough!!! I want to thank you for taking all of this time to help me out. I will definitely keep these tips in mind for if I would ever date him (or any other guy) when I am older Wink Thank you so much for making my day! =) =) =)
doggie lover

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 03:43 pm
@doggie lover,
I was doing a social experiment to see how much advice someone was willing to give a stranger. Thanks again for "helping" me out Wink Have a nice day! And I hope you keep making people smile =)
0 Replies

capn

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 02:23 am
@doggie lover,
he is likely a very shy guy but your friends know the truth that is why they tried to set you up. i was that guy Smile, prob is in most cases nothing ever happens if you never take the the initiative, just this once. Shy guys usually don't act upon their feelings at times coz of fear of rejection. Show him you like him too is the least you can do.
doggie lover

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 09:05 am
@capn,
Thanks for the help! =) He is a very shy guy, the first attempt at asking me out to the dance he ran away before asking (most likely because of my friends) I just think my friends are jealous Wink
0 Replies

doggie lover

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 09:08 am
@doggie lover,
I forgot to add that he has been sitting at a closer table to mine at lunch lately.
0 Replies

doggie lover

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 07:47 pm
@doggie lover,
The next dance is coming up (less than 2 weeks) and he hasn't asked me yet. (he asked me way earlier for the other dance) Do you think he will ask me sometime soon? I've already been asked by someone else, but I said no because i'm pretty sure he will ask me. (maybe) Am I getting too worked up over this guy?
0 Replies