Should I contact this woman?

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:51 pm
I randomly met this woman on a plane, and it turned out we had a lot in common--we were both into languages, and I had a lot of fun talking to her. Only I didn't get her number (I didn't ask on the flight, and couldn't find her in the airport when we got off). I did get her first name, the name of the grad school she goes to and, her major. there's only one person in that department's website with the same first name, so either she gave me a fake name or it's the same person. I really feel stupid for not asking her number..should I try emailing her? Some say if I don't try finding her I'll never know, and it could be flattering, while others say contacting her would come off as creepy, and if we did run into each other, it would kill any chance I had at all. what do people here think?

roger

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 12:02 am
@mlssufan01,
I'm inclined to think she would have offered her number if she wanted to hear from you. I know I would definitely be surprised if a casual conversation led to someone tracking me down on the internet.
mlssufan01

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 12:27 am
@roger,
idk, some girls are shy..after all, I made the first move and it took me a few minutes to get a word in, as I am a little shy too. And some girls are conditioned to think that guys are supposed to do the asking of numbers...I am more of a pro-feminist, pro-females take charge if they want, but not everyone thinks that way. Still, I feel it's creepy, and can only hope to meet her again in town, and then just be prepared to make a move then (if we had another chance meeting, it would make for one epic story). But it's just like, if that never happens, then idk.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 12:38 am
You seem quite the scary person, I'd call you Scarybody.

mlssufan01

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 12:51 am
@ossobuco,
ok, I have no intention of stalking her, if I did contact her, and she didn't reciprocate, I'd move on and be ok with it. The whole reason I'm asking this question is because I DON'T want to seem like a stalker. And.. some of my friends are the one telling me to try to look her up..and I just feel hesitant about it..so trying to get some alternate opinions. I just know that I had that one in a million chance I met someone I have a ton in common with and really want to see her again, but I'm just trying to see what my options are...which sadly, may just be hope for another chance meeting. I'm ok in a way with that.
For the record, there's a big difference between stalking with intent to harm, and trying to get in contact with someone, but I do admit, trying to find her when she didn't give me much to go on does seem crazy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 12:55 am
@mlssufan01,
Maybe you are not actually scary, that was my first take.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 01:14 am
@ossobuco,
I remember meeting an agronomist from Equador at my hotel in Rome; it was a convivial hotel where people talked in the comfortable lobby. We exchanged cards.

No woo woo, but even now I remember liking him, a guy I didn't actually know past our lengthly conversation.

People pass in your life, enjoy it.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 04:10 am
@roger,
Roger do you consider our relationship to be nothing more than casual conversation?

0 Replies