A possible new friend, but im not so sure....

frostfire

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 08:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Heh, I have a little sister (who's my total opposite) but she didn't come around until I was like 6. My mom is just like her, albeit she's kind of an aggressive person. She says I'm like my dad; people like me, but I'm not too keen on people.

But I've always been an introvert, although I will admit, having a sibling and making friends has helped me learn some things. People who are very strong in personality seem to seek out those who's personalities are not conflicting of their own, and that was more or less the dynamic of my friendships.

(You know, like Patty and Marcy from Charlie Brown Peanuts. That's kinda how I see it Wink except I didn't find very nice Patties. They seemed to have their own issues they needed to work out too I guess.)

That's really the only experience I've had in past friendships, so I do have a lot to learn, and I do look around all the time, mainly online. A2k is one of the most reliable sources I've had. So Im trying here too.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 08:41 pm
@frostfire,
Glad to talk with you. I remember peanuts, sigh, but not as well as you do re the characters' personalities.

I'm old now, talk about surprise. I'm moderately comfortable with who I am but still get jerks on it, re world news and learning again.
Anyway, post your thoughts when you want, keep talking, including on other stuff here.

That sounds promotional, and that's not my way (another long story), just that you might like it, that some of us would want to talk.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:11 am
@frostfire,
ok - you've had friends in the past? where are those friends now?

what did you do when you spent time with your friends in the past?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:12 am
@frostfire,
frostfire wrote:
A2k is one of the most reliable sources I've had. So Im trying here too.

maybe you need to practice your friendship skills online - work on engaging people in conversation - show an interest in them - have casual conversations ... that sort of thing
frostfire

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:52 am
@ehBeth,
What happened to them? Well, the first one would do things for attention (draw on her body to look like cuts and then send me pictures, sometimes go talk to people who didn't like me and make fun of me, that's stuff.) Then she got pregnant and I ended up going to a different school.

The second one one had MAJOR problems. She sort of became obsessed with me when me met and started to talk like me, wear what I wore, followed me, lashed out at me, demand i give her attention, steal me away from a conversation, became mad when some people wanted to talk to me, cut herself on her shoulders and ankles and wear cut-off things so people would notice them when we were with other people. She was book-smart and would constantly act like she was superior to me and everyone. things I told her in private she would tell to other people and act as if they happened to her to gain sympathy. She lied and said she was molested, then changed it and said she had been shot. Then said she was in an asylum.I told her that although I'm straight, I still find some women sexually attractive, and the next day she was bi. Then gay. Then transgender, forcing it on everyone. I stopped being friends with her after all of that, but she still caused me major issues. (Telling everyone I was a bigot because I didn't like her anymore senior year, when she knows I'm a supporter of LGBTQ issues all the way.) I told her twice I wanted no more contact and for a while she listened, but always came around me anyway to stare angrily, or steal someone away who I was talking to. I could write a book on her. But anyway, I ended that.

The third one was my BEST friend. I mean, the BEST. She had been with me since 5th grade, but I labeled her last because I lost her last. She got me out of my shell, took me places, she was really good to me. She was sort of a wild child who loved weed and seeking out to hang with friends but I had a lot of good experiences with her. We went fishing, amusement parks, festivals, hotels, late night drives with friends, and her family was so sweet to me. (Albeit a bit redneck, but sweet as could be.) However she started to feel bad about having her first time with her friends womanizing boyfriend, and she broke up with a nice boy, so she got me into terrible situations after that. Only taking me with her so she could have clean pee for her job interviews, lying to me about her birthday only to have to clean up after her drunk friend's orgy in a hotel, inviting mw over only to go to sleep after 10 minutes and weed.leaving me in a car for 5 hours during her job orientation in a city far from home, with the womanizing guy, and not TELLING me he was. (Things got weird, but nothing happened.) I tried to help her out, but I was more of a diary when it came to her problems. She wouldn't listen to me. Then she got pregnant by some guy. I went to her baby shower and got her a gift. I loved her so much, like a sister, but it was clear that things had changed between us, way before the baby. That was the last time we talked.

So I've had plenty of friends, and not-so-good acquaintances between that, but i make a rule to only talk to then when I see them and nothing more. I avoid birthdays, parties, and anything else they invite me to because I want a clean slate, acquaintances and all. I want to start over with new people. The problem is, I don't really know much more than what I've been given.
0 Replies

frostfire

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 02:49 pm
@ehBeth,
I think i do. I'm practicing having casual conversations in person and online. (Although having conversations online is tricky becuase, you know, Trolls.)
But yes, I need to practice more. ^^;
0 Replies