My partner goes for long motorbike rides but the mileage doesn't tally? how do I track him?

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:14 pm
If he is telling the truth his average speed would be 30 mile an hr??? What bike rides at that speed? The heart breaking reality is we only just moved in together and I've tried talking to him about honesty but he tells me I'm being silly.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:35 pm
@Alexypalexy,
Hi. I'm curious why you're checking the mileage on his motorbike.

In any case, leave it alone.

Focus on the positives of the relationship you are trying to develop. Being suspicious - and being obvious about it - isn't a good start.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:06 pm
@Alexypalexy,
Get this misunderstanding fixed now, because you're going to wonder for the rest of your life whether you can trust him or not.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 10:08 pm
@Alexypalexy,
It is pretty easy to track him or her.

You simply download any one of a number of trip apps on your cell phone (or a cheap cell phone you buy for this purpose). Then you start the app on the phone just before he starts his ride, and hide it somewhere on the bike that he won't find it. Then when he gets back you recover the phone and look at the gps track.

Of course, spying on your partner is unethical and probably illegal which raises the question...

If you don't trust your partner, why don't you just dump his sorry ass? If he finds out that you are spying on him, he will surely dump yours.

0 Replies

Alexypalexy

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 11:52 pm
I didn't check his mileage he told me it. And the reason I'm worried is because he's lied in the beginning of the relationship and 2 wks after I move my life and daughter to live with him (70 miles away from all my friends and family) he starts with the lies again some are just silly ones but it hurts as I love him and thought we had got it right now and where happy xxx
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:58 am
@Alexypalexy,
This says a lot more than your original OP. You need to put plan 'B' into operation. You two aren't anywhere near ready for a live in relationship. And to complicate it further, your child is involved.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:37 am
@Alexypalexy,
Find another place to live.

This may end your relationship. Consider yourself fortunate if it does. Or just take the bull by the horns and end it yourself.

And next time, don't uproot yourself and your child unless you are a hell of a lot more sure of things and yeah, that means lying about stuff is kind of important.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 08:39 am
@Alexypalexy,
One question. Why do you not trust him? Maybe these rides are just what he says they are. I don't quite understand why you go from trusting him enough to pull up stakes and move to be with him to not trusting him when he says he is going for a ride on his bike? There is a disconnect here that I don't get.

So, why do you not trust him?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 09:30 am
@Alexypalexy,
what the heck? I would have never thought of tracking my husband's car mileage.

Doesn't seem like you have much trust in your partner especially when the question you are asking is how do I track him? Why are you tracking him? I don't even track my kids. Is there some reason you do not trust him?

I see coastalrat basically was asking the same the thing - sorry I originally missed it - but I agree if you thought you could trust him enough to move then what changed? Maybe you moved too quickly?

My personal opinion, if you have such doubts and feel you cannot trust him - then you probably shouldn't be living with him.
0 Replies