The Merchandise... Huh?

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 02:41 am
I was dating this guy for about a year. He's a single father of two and is very sensitive. He has a horrible relationship with his ex wife. He easily gets upset and shuts down and then puts the blame on me or others when he feels hurt. He talked a lot about marriage and how much he loved me and led me to believe I was the one he wanted to be with long term. He did a lot of talking and not a lot of showing. So about a month ago I questioned the direction of our relationship. He got defensive and accused me of not being there for him. That left me so confused especially when I've done so much for him and had just spent the whole week and weekend planning and setting up a nice birthday party for his son. I've done many other nice things to show him how much I care for him and his kids. I was open to being a partner with him. I have to also say, I have my stuff together. I don't have any baggage that would interfere with having a healthy relationship.

Basically, after our discussion I decided to break things off with him. I was so hurt that he took me for granted. After 2 weeks had passed and just before the holidays, he reached out to me apologizing and saying he wanted to be with me. I decided to rethink things and wanted to explore giving us another try. When I reached back out to him he decided it was too late... Only a few days had passed. He tried calling me one night and because I didn't answer his call he took that as me brushing him off. This was strange because I did reach out by text cause I wasn't able to call him. For him it was too late. He then ignored my text kept his distance. When I questioned what was going on, he basically brought up that told me that I dumped him and he couldn't understand etc. he basically brought up the our conversation and blamed me for why things didn't workout and kept questioning why I didn't call him back.

I'm so confused!! Seriously that doesn't even make sense.

I thought I'd let a week pass and when I reached out again tonight, I texted him a few cute photos we had taken and mentioned that I thinking about him. He didn't text me back for several hours and then when he did his text said "The Merchandise!!" ..... What the heck does that even mean??? I asked him but no response? Is it slang for something else? I want to know if he's telling me to back off or if it means something else? I'm just so confused and I don't want to come off like I'm desperate. I feel so stupid now.

Why would his response be "The Merchandise" ?? Please help me understand.

FBM

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 05:13 am
@Bigheart2d,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/think-1.gif

Does he http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/icon_drunk.gif or maybe http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/bongsmileyny0.gif? Does he have a history of http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/ewacky.gif?
Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 06:23 am
@Bigheart2d,
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about this - especially hard around the time of the holidays. I can empathize/sympathize with you. Don't allow yourself to feel stupid or in any way less-than.

Sadly, he's a manipulator and he knows how to push your buttons. He's not too mature based on your accounting of what has happened, so far.

This says it all about his state of mind:
Quote:
He's a single father of two and is very sensitive. He has a horrible relationship with his ex wife. He easily gets upset and shuts down and then puts the blame on me or others when he feels hurt.

When he reached out after the break-up, even though your time-frame wasn't immediate (it didn't have to be), it was appropriate. The fact that he rejected it and rejected your reaching out, allows you to see that he was not really sincere. He should be overjoyed that you responded at all.
I feel that he did you a favor. Move on - knowing he is not the right man for you.

Good luck and toss this fish back into the pond.

{Edit: no idea about the 'merchandise' comment. It's off-the-wall.}
jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:07 am
@Bigheart2d,
Who the hell knows? Maybe he texted you by mistake.

Only way to find out is to ask him.
Bigheart2d

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:34 pm
@Ragman,
Hello and thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. Smile. You are absolutely right and I need to leave him in 2015 and appreciate that I didn't waste more of my time on him. Lesson learned.
0 Replies

Bigheart2d

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:36 pm
@jespah,
Hello. I did ask and he never responded. I basically think it was his way of telling me to leave him alone... Like "hands off the merchandise" it's a guess.
0 Replies

Bigheart2d

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:37 pm
@FBM,
Hello. Your response made me laugh! Thank you!!! ☺️
FBM

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:38 pm
@Bigheart2d,
Glad to be of service, ma'am. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/tiphat_1.gif
0 Replies