Where do I start?

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 09:41 pm
I am just a single guy, but I'm not ready to date yet. I just want to converse. Can I do that on this site? What site is the best just to have a conversation? Where do I start?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 3,166 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 09:55 pm
@civlwrbuf,
You found it here.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 10:10 pm
@civlwrbuf,
Welcome!

Be aware that this is a discussion forum so its purpose is a bit different than you might be looking for. We don't chat but we do post our thoughts and write in threads. Spend some time reading and check out some of the threads and posts.

Be aware that this is NOT a dating site. Many participants here are quite friendly, offering advice but there's no chat function as it's a discussion forum which covers all kinds of topics for people of all ages and ideologies.

If you looking for social or dating sites and in USA or Canada, you could be better suited to try Facebook...or a true dating site like Match, E-Harmony, PlentyofFish, OKCupid or the like.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.
neologist

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 10:14 pm
@civlwrbuf,
Read cicerone imposter's profile. Ask him about the places he's been.
Read threads that interest you. Make comments - or not. Lots of interesting folks here.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 07:08 am
@civlwrbuf,
Facebook is probably the best bet for you. Rather than joining dating groups, join groups that cover things you're interested in (say, Civil War reenactments). And start talking to people. Don't worry about the genders of those people just now. Trust me, unless someone's been living in a cave all their lives, they have friends of both genders.

Make friends with people. Inevitably, on Facebook, you'll interact with their friends as well.
civlwrbuf

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 11:50 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks I appreciate the candidness and info
civlwrbuf

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 11:54 pm
@jespah,
I like facebook to a degree, but I got tired of people trying to one up with their statuses. (Look at my new house, car, girlfriend etc) but I will try finding sites or forums to my interests. Thanks
0 Replies

SuperDave3027

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 12:05 pm
@civlwrbuf,
I've found that Facebook is no longer the place to confide in someone anonymously. As I am new to this site myself, I'd be happy to give advice and take it just the same. I hope everyone finds the answers you're looking for. Thank you for giving any wisdom and is much appreciated.
0 Replies