Confusing situation with ex... i dont know what i should do?

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 11:05 am
My ex and I started dating two years ago. Everything was okay in the beginning until he became abusive, and grabbing my phone out of my hand to check who's texting me, contacts,etc. I was cheating on him also so it was a toxic relationship overall. So I decided to leave. I cut off all contact with him, changed my phone number, work place, got off facebook. A couple months later, I was at my friends house and she insisted I make a new facebook, for my other friends to keep in touch with me. So I did. Next thing you know, my ex finds me,sends me a friend request and a message asking how im doing and asking for my new number. I gave him my new number after days of him begging me saying he wants another chance. After I told my best friend what happened, that he came back to find me, she told me to ignore him and block him from my cell phone and facebook. So I did. Then, since I blocked his texts, he calls me saying he misses me and "thinks we could be good friends" and that "he thinks im the most beautiful and cutest, that he wants to sleep with only me, that I can't be replaced, and other sweet things, I kept hanging up on him. Sadly, I must admit, I do have leftover feelings for him, but I am scared if I allow myself to be in contact with him, that he will seek revenge for me cheating on him in the past? how can he be so charming and sweet after all the things that happened between us? he never gets mad anymore on the phone, even when i ignore him, he is just so persistent to see me when he used to be so abusive before. I am really confused and I need helpful advice on what I should do about this whole situation Sad please and thank you

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 11:13 am
@monica90,
Your best friend is right.

Now change your number again and stop taking this loser's calls.

Christ, woman, how many times do you have to be abused before it sinks in that someone who's gotten no treatment for this isn't going to change?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 01:51 pm
@monica90,
Stop being a victim. Shore up your self-esteem. Make up your mind about who, how and what you want in your life. Don't let abusers and abuse in your life.

At this point in your life, you're very young (25?), you hopefully have a long future with plenty of possibilities of finding someone who can treat you right, knows the value of a woman / partner and VALUES YOU.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 03:44 pm
@monica90,
You're probably long gone, but you never know.,

Have you asked yourself why you cheated? What is missing in your life, why you don't believe that you deserve to love and be loved back?

Have you asked yourself why you are "ok" with being abused? What occurred in your life to make you feel you are un-worthy?

Have you consulted a Doctor to point you in the right direction to get the answers to above?

Have you asked yourself why your "ex" is trying to really only get a booty call and why you feel that, that is ok?

Quote:
I am really confused and I need helpful advice on what I should do about this whole situation Sad please and thank you

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 03:53 pm
@monica90,
monica90 wrote:
how can he be so charming and sweet after all the things that happened between us?

it's classic with manipulators and abusers

I'd recommend getting yourself to a support group asap
0 Replies