Robert Reich Says Smug Democrats Are Kidding Themselves Thinking This Next Election Is In The Bag

maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 03:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
When you turn out to be wrong, and Hillary (or maybe Bernie) wins in November as I predict... will you be man enough to admit that you are out of touch with what real Americans want?

In the exceedingly unlikely event that I am wrong about which party wins, I'll certainly admit that I am wrong.

I'm not sure that there is much significance with me being out of touch with the Left. Liberals and terrorists hate America and will do whatever they can to destroy it. Of course I am out of step with them. I think they should all be dragged down to Guantanamo for the rest of their lives.

You are wrong. The mistake you are making is that we, the people you are calling "Liberals and Terrorists", are real Americans.

Our votes will decide who will be the next president. The idea that real Americans should be "dragged down to Guantanamo" isn't going to win very many votes. This is exactly why Hillary Clinton (or possibly Bernie Sanders) will be our next Presidents.

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 03:32 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You are wrong. The mistake you are making is that we, the people you are calling "Liberals and Terrorists", are real Americans.

As far as terrorists go, I don't think any of the 9/11 hijackers were Americans. I also don't think many members of Islamic State are Americans, although perhaps some are.

As for the Liberals, it is truly a shame that there are real Americans who hate America's Constitution so much.

maxdancona wrote:
Our votes will decide who will be the next president.

You forget that not every American hates freedom and civil rights the way the Democratic Party does. Americans who value freedom and civil rights get to vote too.

maxdancona wrote:
The idea that real Americans should be "dragged down to Guantanamo" isn't going to win very many votes.

If all the Liberals were dragged off to Guantanamo, they wouldn't be voting anymore.

maxdancona wrote:
This is exactly why Hillary Clinton (or possibly Bernie Sanders) will be our next Presidents.

Mr. Obama's crazed focus on doing nothing but violate everyone's civil rights has resulted in him not getting much of a legislative agenda passed. The only things that have passed through Congress are the things that the Republicans want even more than Mr. Obama does.

Come election day, it'll have been a long six years since Mr. Obama got any legislation pushed through Congress. That'll make for an easy win by the Republicans.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 03:51 pm
@oralloy,
This election will show you (again) that you are wrong about Americans.

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 04:27 pm
@maxdancona,
It would be grim news for America if people so dedicated to the elimination of civil rights were to win.

However, the dynamics of a president who has not passed any legislation for six years are pretty straightforward. When Mr. Obama dedicated himself to eradicating American civil rights, he ensured a Republican victory in 2016.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 04:41 pm
@oralloy,
"American civil rights?" LOL Prove it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

what real Americans want?

Who are real Americans?
revelette2

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:35 am
@McGentrix,
The correct question should be, 'Who are not real Americans?'

Orally said liberal and terrorist (note he makes a link)are not real Americans. Maxdancona simply said those you are calling "Liberals and Terrorist" are real Americans, who vote in a real American election which would end telling the tale on whether the gun safety advocates are in step with "real Americans."
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:22 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

what real Americans want?

Who are real Americans?

We all are real Americans. But when it comes to deciding what real Americans want, we have elections.

That is the point I am making with Oralloy. When Hillary Clinton wins the election (as Obama did in the past 2 elections) it will show him that the very thing he is trying to stamp out is actually the will of the American people.

I accept that Oralloy is a real American. I don't think he represents Americans as a whole. I think fringe is the proper word for the stances that Oralloy is taking, of course that doesn't make him any less of an American. It does mean that his political beliefs are out of touch with what most of us want.

I think Hillary Clinton (or possibly Bernie Sanders) will be shown to be much closer to representing what real Americans want when the majority of American voters choose her over whoever makes it through this wonderfully messy Republican primary.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:36 am
@maxdancona,
I think you consider urban Americans to be real Americans and discounting rural Americans. Take NYC out New York State and it becomes very red.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:21 am
@McGentrix,
In an election we give each American one vote rather they are urban or rural.

Don't you agree that is the correct thing to do?

If you emptied New York City, and distributed all of the people living there throughout the rest of the state of New York, New York would remain blue.

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 12:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

In an election we give each American one vote rather they are urban or rural.

Don't you agree that is the correct thing to do?

If you emptied New York City, and distributed all of the people living there throughout the rest of the state of New York, New York would remain blue.

Yes, the one vote thing is good. If you take all the people out of NYC they would most likely either die or become more acquainted with their red side when they realized they would need to actually take care of them selves. City life, even by today's standards is a far cry from rural life.

Oh sure, the rest of the state has some Democrats interspersed throughout but it is NYC that decides what happens in the state due to the population density.

http://www.gothamgazette.com/graphics/2008/11/demswitchL.jpg
link
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 12:54 pm
@McGentrix,
That's a ridiculous post McGentrix. Taking people out of New York city will not automatically make them White, Christian or Gun-owners. Your map is irrelevant. Square miles don't vote. People vote.

But nonetheless, let's look at the data.

There are 5,660,246 registered Democrats in the state of New York and there are 2,824,680 registered Republicans.

If you subtract the number of registered members of each party in New York City you get 2,660,173 Democrats and 2,335,480 Republicans (in the state of New York excluding the city).

So even with your ridiculous premise, your claim is factually incorrect.

You can see the data for yourself here

http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/enrollment/county/county_nov11.pdf
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 01:00 pm
@McGentrix,
These types of maps are pretty misleading. A rural county may be large but not have many voters in it. A red map of Alaska and a blue one of California might make them look equivalent, but they aren't.

As for city vs rural life, in my state the rural areas are tremendously subsidized by the urban areas. Far from "actually taking care of themselves", they count on tax transfers from the urban areas to pay for their services (rather than tax themselves) and use their disproportionate power in the state legislature (due to gerrymandering) to make sure that happens. Most recently they changed the sales tax law to take more from the local governments at the state level and then redistribute it to rural counties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 02:35 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
That is the point I am making with Oralloy. When Hillary Clinton wins the election (as Obama did in the past 2 elections) it will show him that the very thing he is trying to stamp out is actually the will of the American people.

It is highly unlikely that the American people wish to abolish freedom and civil rights.

But if they do, then their views are irrelevant, because the Constitution trumps whatever the people desire.

It is also highly unlikely that a Democrat will win the White House in 2016. Mr. Obama's failure to pass a legislative agenda in his second term has sealed the party's fate.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 02:39 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
But if they do, then their views are irrelevant, because the Constitution trumps whatever the people desire.

Yeah? What are going to do about it?

You gonna get a bunch of guns and take over a national park headquarters?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Yup.

Various of my friends who are u.s. politics smart are thinking Nope, though: that dems will certainly win.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 05:00 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Yeah? What are going to do about it?
You gonna get a bunch of guns and take over a national park headquarters?

Personally I like posting on messageboards to ensure that as many people as possible realize just how much the Left hates freedom and civil rights.

Also good is to form organizations to vote congressmen out of office when they pass laws that violate our rights. Few things are as fun as watching a gun-banning congressman sobbing because we've just ended his/her career.

I suppose civil disobedience does have its place in a civil rights movement. There was that lady who refused to cede her bus seat to a white man for instance.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 05:13 pm
@oralloy,
We will see how well that works for you when Hillary Clinton (or possibly Bernie Sanders) gets elected to the White House in November.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Considering the fact that Mr. Obama has not gotten a legislative agenda passed for some five years (six years come election day), it is pretty unlikely that any Democrat will win the White House in 2016.

But if Hillary does win in 2016, gun rights groups will still control the House of Representatives. And unless the Democrats are planning to abolish the First Amendment (I wouldn't put it past them), I will still be able to make posts on the internet pointing out all their rampant civil rights violations.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:48 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Considering the fact that Mr. Obama has not gotten a legislative agenda passed for some five years (six years come election day), it is pretty unlikely that any Democrat will win the White House in 2016.

You keep saying that. Fortunately in 10 months we will know if you are right or not. You are wrong (I won't even bother pointing out that it is not the presidents job to pass a legislative agenda).