Robert Reich Says Smug Democrats Are Kidding Themselves Thinking This Next Election Is In The Bag

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 01:10 pm
@oralloy,
You're twisted in your thinking. Your statement that "The Democrats' hatred of America's freedom is abhorrent" comes straight out of Fox rhetoric.
Why is it that the republicans are the ones trying to restrict voting in Florida?
It's not only Florida. http://thinkprogress.org/progress-report/what-states-are-doing-to-restrict-voting-rights/
RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 05:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Evidence CI? But its apparent to an really intelligent individual like Olley. Dont ya see?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 07:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You don't think there is a large group of voters who take umbrage at having one guy pass laws to curtail their rights as gun-owners?

I'm not saying it's the correct stance - but you are sorely incorrect if you don't think it's true.

The right to bear arms is a BIG deal to a hardy segment of American voters.
Lash

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 07:45 pm
@revelette2,
It is so hard to tell wtf is brewing among Bernies, establishment Dems, and this inexplicable growth around Trump.

It's confounding.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 08:19 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The right to bear arms is a BIG deal to a hardy segment of American voters

This segment is lost to the Democrats, and the Democrats will ignore them. Fortunately this "hardy segment" is far less than the 51% needed to elect the president.

You will have White Evangelicals, gun owners, libertarians on Republican side.

You will have gun control advocate, same sex marriage advocates, pro-choice Americans, Hispanics, African-Americans and non-Evangelical women on the Democratic side.

The Democrats will win the White House. And, they will do so by ignoring the gun rights people. I am sure that Obama got Hillary's approval before the latest round of executive actions... and she is happy about them.

Lash

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 08:35 pm
@maxdancona,
Trying to convince me - or yourself?

I have no idea who'll come up with the majority in this crazy fight - and most long-time politicos say the same thing.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 08:41 pm
@Lash,
Mark my words.

The Democratic candidate, almost certainly Hillary Clinton, will win the White House this year.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 08:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Was listening to the radio while driving to Subway for sandwiches. The subject was about Obama and gun control. They say Obama is one of the worst presidents, because he made an executive decision to require gun dealers to do a background check on buyers. They want to get rid of Obama for that one reason. They don't realize that under Obama, our economy is still relatively strong compared to the rest of the world. But for them, that doesn't count. Guns are more important.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:02 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Mark my words.
The Democratic candidate, almost certainly Hillary Clinton, will win the White House this year.

No chance. Not the way the Democrats stand so opposed to American freedom.
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Lash wrote:
The right to bear arms is a BIG deal to a hardy segment of American voters.

This segment is lost to the Democrats, and the Democrats will ignore them.

When an American political party's constituency starts being limited to "people who hate America", that might be a bad sign for the party.

maxdancona wrote:
Fortunately this "hardy segment" is far less than the 51% needed to elect the president.
You will have White Evangelicals, gun owners, libertarians on Republican side.
You will have gun control advocate, same sex marriage advocates, pro-choice Americans, Hispanics, African-Americans and non-Evangelical women on the Democratic side.

The Democrats have indeed duped most African Americans into voting for them. The Democrats can't count on unified support from most of those other groups however.

Combining African American votes with "people who hate America" isn't enough to win the White House.

maxdancona wrote:
The Democrats will win the White House. And, they will do so by ignoring the gun rights people.

No chance. Not with the way the Democratic Party hates America so much.

The Democrats will not have another real shot at the White House until 2024. And if they make themselves enough of an obstacle to freedom, perhaps not even then.

maxdancona wrote:
I am sure that Obama got Hillary's approval before the latest round of executive actions... and she is happy about them.

Hillary will give a decent concession speech this coming November.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No reply. I wonder why.
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No reply from oralloy. I wonder why.
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:16 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
No reply from oralloy. I wonder why.

I grew tired of CI repeatedly falsely accusing me of his own stupidity, and placed him on ignore.

Actually that isn't entirely accurate. I only place people on ignore when my only possible reply to them is endless name-calling.

However, given that the only thing he ever did was falsely accuse me of his own stupidity, my only possible reply to him was to endlessly point out that he was falsely accusing me of his own stupidity, therefore he met my standards for ignore.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 01:14 am
@wmwcjr,
Hey, it rhymes! Mr. Green

Don't mind me, oralloy, my dear friend. I'm just a nonvoter living in a one-party state -- Texas, the reddest of the red.

I'm completely disillusioned with the political process. I predict that the Donald (the biggest and most macho clown from the clown car) will win the Republican presidential nomination and that he will be elected. The country is about to enter a period of protracted reaction that will last generations -- a mad rush back to the late 19th century. (Trendy progressives have helped to bring about this sad situation. No more moderates, pragmatists, or centrists!) The sinister Koch brothers, who pump an endless supply of money into extreme right-wing causes and politicians (who, in comparison, make Bob Dole -- who, aside from my wife, has been my favorite Republican -- look like a liberal) happen to be the sons of one of the founders of the wretched John Birch Society -- the organization that during the early 1960s falsely and publicly accused my sister (then a college student) of being a Communist simply because she launched a petition to the national headquarters of her sorority to urge them to drop their racist bylaws. Referring to the Koch brothers and their racist father: An apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so the trite saying goes. Hey, the Republican-majority Supreme Court (led by that Uncle Tom named Clarence Thomas) eviscerated the Voting Rights Act. (I wonder why.) When more right-wingers are appointed, I'm sure it won't be long when the 1964 Civil Rights Act will be overturned. (Incidentally, David Duke supports Trump. I wonder why.) Oh, well, in a spirit of resignation, once this political disaster has occurred this fall, I'll put politics out of my mind completely (as long as certain individuals in my life have the sense to keep their mouths shut about politics!) and go read a book.

By the way, my dear sweet wife (and mother of our two wonderful daughters!) has left the Republican Party to become an independent because of all the white Southern conservative (i.e., segregationist) Democrats who hijacked her party. But she's still not a progressive. She'll probably sit out the election with me.

I'm entitled to ramble and be ornery because I'm a member of this forum albeit not a leading one. Mr. Green (Am I "rude, crude, and socially unacceptable"? Oh, I certainly hope so!) And, no, I refuse to accept the claim that "Uncle Tom" is a racist term. A derogatory term? Yes, most definitely! But a racist one? Nah, of course not.

Good night, folks -- friends and brethren (as well as all you trolls and assorted enemies). Don't let the bedbugs bite.

http://citybugs.tamu.edu/files/2010/12/bed-bug-feeding-Whitney-Cranshawb.jpg

To quote a line of dialogue from a great episode of the old Outer Limits series entitled "The Guests" (1964): Pleasant dreams within dreams, everyone!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hrL-QaXa0UU/Uy3noJWXPgI/AAAAAAAAHgA/kfFkUQSAqv8/s1600/Nellie+Burt.png
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 06:59 am
@oralloy,
When you turn out to be wrong, and Hillary (or maybe Bernie) wins in November as I predict... will you be man enough to admit that you are out of touch with what real Americans want?
revelette2

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:09 am
Obama’s executive actions on guns: Legal analysis

Quote:
Most of President Obama’s new “executive actions” about guns are suggestions. Some of the suggestions deserve widespread support. One provision, aimed at Social Security beneficiaries, could be unlawful, depending on details yet to be determined.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 09:11 am
You have to take Robert Reich with a grain of salt. He has two reasons for saying this, one of which is noble.

1) This the the correct thing to say to get Democrats to not be complacent. You want to get all of your voters and donors fully engaged. The way to do this is to say that the election is at risk.

2) Robert Reich is fully in bed with the Clinton camp and he is making this claim as a less than honest way to take a swipe at the upstart Bernie Sanders campaign.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 02:22 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Obama’s executive actions on guns: Legal analysis

Quote:
Most of President Obama’s new “executive actions” about guns are suggestions. Some of the suggestions deserve widespread support. One provision, aimed at Social Security beneficiaries, could be unlawful, depending on details yet to be determined.

Could? Rather an understatement there.

There is no question that the Democrats' blatant attempts to place most of America on the list of people prohibited from purchasing guns is a blatant violation of the Constitution.

The mere fact that they started by blocking disabled war veterans shows how much the Democratic Party hates this country and seeks to destroy it.
oralloy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 02:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
When you turn out to be wrong, and Hillary (or maybe Bernie) wins in November as I predict... will you be man enough to admit that you are out of touch with what real Americans want?

In the exceedingly unlikely event that I am wrong about which party wins, I'll certainly admit that I am wrong.

I'm not sure that there is much significance with me being out of touch with the Left. Liberals and terrorists hate America and will do whatever they can to destroy it. Of course I am out of step with them. I think they should all be dragged down to Guantanamo for the rest of their lives.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
@oralloy,
Requiring background checks is not a violation of our constitution. Where did you learn civics?
0 Replies