DNA, Where did the code come from?

farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:49 am
@layman,
Not until you answer mine. Where are you trying to go?

Youre trying to sound like youre in on getting the memos from the neutral boys . Yet all you do is clip some hypothetical stuff thats still evidence-free.
Interesting but so's heritability of epigenes. (Evidence yet to come )
layman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Not until you answer mine. Where are you trying to go?

I done told ya that. Sheeit, Farmer, ya gone plumb deef now, that it?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You ignore good evidence nd data and mostly talk over your "debate opponents", and youve been no different.

"Building from nothing" is a really a naive conclusion on your half. Weve just spent pages going over about prebiotic compounds and amino acid returns in planetary and stellar spectra. Hardly "from nothing"> perhaps the inevitability of compounds "Assembling" You just ignore those facts
I have ignored nothing you have said. I've fully acknowledged the plausibility and existence of prebiotic compounds and amino acids and fully recognize that they may link up from natural causes, albeit in random order. You are conflating my criticism of the absurdity of Hawking et al's 'universe from nothing' with my arguments on abiogenesis, a very dishonest debating technique.

You on the other hand, have offered nothing other than random chance to explain the order (information) contained in DNA (or any precursor to it) that had to have preceded evolution.

I have offered the rationale and mathematical basis for why random chance is not a plausible scenario. I haven't heard a rebuttal from you on that or several other related things except calling my arguments 'crap'. Not convincing farmer.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:12 am
@layman,
Quote:
Skinnerian behaviorism
are you trapped in the 50's?
layman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:20 am
@farmerman,
That when Bohm said it, Farmer, caincha see?
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:25 am
@layman,
Am I listening to a lecture about autopoesis from Chris Rock??

layman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Am I listening to a lecture about autopoesis from Chris Rock??

Just quitcho bitchin and answer the damn question, eh, Farmer? I'm tryna see if you even get Woese real point.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:44 am
@layman,
A I said, Ill play along after you answer mine. Till then, Ill keep checking in but I have to do more important things.

Quote:
quitcho bitchin and answer the damn question, eh, Farmer? I'm tryna see if you even get Woese real point.

You know you sound like an idiot, why not restart boldening your words , we miss Frankies flaming.(NOT)
layman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 10:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
A I said, Ill play along after you answer mine. Till then, Ill keep checking in but I have to do more important things.

Never mind, Farmer, I sho nuff aint gunna answer for the 5th when you never read nuthin anyway.

And I won't wait for you to answer nuthin neither. You never do.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 01:17 pm
@layman,
K.
Bye Lamont.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:59 pm
I left this thread about 18 pages ago (there are now 21 pages in total). Did I miss anything interesting? I am glad that this topic is new and interesting enough (since it hasn't ever been hashed out before) to keep people's attention for this long.

I can't believe that this thread has gone on for so long without me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:16 pm
@maxdancona,
You would then be amazed at how the world has gotten along without you. Wink

Joke
0 Replies

Jpsy

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 01:58 am
@anthony1312002,
Hi everyone! I haven't been on A2K in over a year. I'm entering this debate without having read a majority of the conversation (I'm not reading 411 comments that contain the inevitable, never-ending creationism debate), however I think you will find this link informative.
Thunderf00t or Potholer54, whichever you like, put together a video on the origin of life. It is 8 or 9 years old, but it still shows we are on our way to understanding abiogenesis (I believe that's what it's called) the transformation of non-living material to life. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nYTJf62sE&index=3&list=PL82yk73N8eoX8RpvQfjdupAKFWKjtMhTe
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:27 am
@Jpsy,
Ho Hum, the old 'RNA' world theory with the same 'miracle' at around 2:35 in the video where the 'lost in time' self replicating molecule that can't be found suddenly 'pops into existence'.

The 'paint can't replicate' is a pretty lame argument too since we can't find or replicate the 'inevitable' process where replicating molecules arise in the lab. If it's so damn inevitable, you'd think that would be easy under controlled conditions that we 'understand so well'.

It's the old cartoon with scientists at the chalkboard writing formulas with 'then a miracle happens' in the middle.

Call me when it happens...
Jpsy

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 03:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
Oh, I'm not getting into this debate. Why even have it? It goes nowhere? Fine. God waved his magic wand and said 'let there be RNA' and so it was.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 05:00 am
@Jpsy,
Quote:
Oh, I'm not getting into this debate. Why even have it? It goes nowhere
So the reason you posted was what exactly? To demonstrate your knowledge of how to post YouTube links?

Awesome dude!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 05:29 am
Ah, holy rollers . . . feel the love!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 05:33 am
Unconditional Love sucks...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 06:08 am
So you despise your mother, huh?

You really are nothing but a "gotta have the last word" wise ass . . . and a creep.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 09:47 am
@Setanta,
You mean your mother loves you?

Sorry, you really can have the last word if you like but I was being serious about 'unconditional love'.