I sleep too much !

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 07:59 am
I don't know what's wrong with me since the winter break started I feel so tired . I sleep for 18 hours (I only wake up eat then I go back to sleep) but still feel very anxious and tired . I feel like I don't have the energy to do anything even to have a shower. Please tell me what's wrong with me and what can I do to be more active

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 08:09 am
@Aya dh ,
NOTE: I am not a medical professional.

I'm guessing you're a teenager or young adult, and so a lot of sleeping is pretty normal.

You may also be crashing off a lot of caffeine use during the semester, and/or a lot of stress or activity.

It's also possible that you have a degree of seasonal affective disorder (just Google it), as these are the darkest days of the year. Getting outside more, and taking advantage of any bit of sunshine you can get, can help with this, as can getting a full-spectrum light.

Inactivity can tend to breed inactivity, so you need to take charge of things, even if it's briefly. Try to get out for errands if nothing else. And try to amp up the activity, even a little. Being active is not an all or nothing proposition. If, say, you would have driven to the post office, try walking instead. You'll get outside, you'll be in whatever sunlight you can get, and you'll get something accomplished, all at the same time.

If these feelings persist, and in particular if you give up the things you enjoy doing in favor of sleeping, then call your doctor, as this could be a sign of depression.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 08:10 am
@Aya dh ,
You should see a doctor. I am not a doctor, so please see someone in person.

Sleeping a lot is often a sign of depression. There is something called Seasonal Affective Disorder which is very common... it has to do with the human brain reacting to the fact that there is not very much sunlight. There are standard cures for this, sometimes involving just having lights around that make your brain think it is sunlight.

But, you should definitely see someone about this. There may be an easy solution to the problem.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:33 pm
@Aya dh ,
As others are stated, that is something to have a medical professional advise you about as its way out of the norm and could be more serious than you think. Assuming you're not taking any drugs, there are many illness possibilities including depression. Among those possibilities is mononucleosis.

See a doctor ASAP.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:53 pm
@Ragman,
I agree with most that it could be depression, but seeing a doctor is the best advise, because most of us are just guessing.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 02:25 pm
@Aya dh ,
My own condition, Aya, is so much like yours that I've wondered if "dh" means dalehileman

I feel guilty allatime about almost anything
glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 10:09 pm
@Aya dh ,
I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr syndrome in my mid 40's, please see your doctor because my condition worsened into 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome', there may be many reasons for your fatigue. See the doctor and get this fixed, let us know how you're doing. Good luck
0 Replies

Aya dh

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 05:28 am
@dalehileman,
Hi dalehileman !
First thanks for your answer . I think we live the same way and feel the same feelings. We are so much alike and we can survive this situation with supporting each other I have some depression cycles (I think that's what it called) and I feel suicidal and I hate my life but I remember that my family loves me the way I am and will be by my side when I need it her . My family are the reason I want to live .
By the way DH is a shortcut for my last name DHIFLAOUI . It is Arabic because I am from Tunisia ,North Africa
jespah

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:59 am
@Aya dh ,
If you are feeling suicidal, then I urge you to contact your doctor as soon as you can. Life does not have to be this way.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 10:16 am
First, get a physical. You could have mono or some other physical problem.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 12:40 pm
@Aya dh ,
Thank you Aya

I use, about twice a day, such as St John's wort and 5-htp. There are many such and of course a certain risk
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 05:55 pm
@Aya dh ,
Hey Aya dh

Sometimes to sleep for that long is normal. It's your bodies way of rejuvenating from an exhaustion. However, if it will occur often then it definitely is something to worry about. You should see a clinician to know if there is an underlying sleep disorder involved. Also if you are feeling anxious or is suddenly lost the desire to do anything this can be symptoms of depression.

The primary thing to do is to get diagnosed. In the meantime there are some things you can do on your own. Try some activities you can do on your home and see if any progress will occur. Do meditation and exercise, see if you can have the drive to do continue it on a regular basis. You can also try looking for any passion that can give you inspiration and energy.

Depression can be really unbearable once it consumes you so even if you are uncertain about your condition, avoiding being depressed is necessary. In order to avoid depression you should learn how to be optimistic and find different activities that will activate your imagination and interest. So reflect and look for the things that will motivate you to move.

Diagnosis will be able to tell you what condition you have and the doctor will be able to provide you with your treatment plan. When I was depressed I took up medications and reinforced it with nutritional supplements to reach optimal efficiency. Endoca hemp products, magnesium, and 5-HTP are some of the effective supplements you can consider.
0 Replies