She say (He"s just a friend)

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:42 pm
Current situation. Dating her for about 1 year now. Had questions about some of her guy friends until I got to meet them and then everything was cool. They excepted me. However, there is only one guy who distanced himself from me. This guy is her friend and they have traveled out of town alone on certain occasions and have stayed in hotels alone. That's cool since it was before me. However, once she and I went public on Facebook he deleted her. My question is why? Also I asked her at any time did they become sexually active and she says no. I told her that not that a big deal as long as it was before me, but I find it hard to believe that they never had sex seeing that he ignores her now. She gets defensive when I asked her why is she reaching out to a guy who is ignoring her. They are both Bronco fans as well. We usually all meet up to watch the game but when he comes he keeps his distance from her and doesn't acknowledge her at all. What could be going on here?

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 05:11 pm
@InvisibleOne,
Nothing may be going on.

You can watch casually or let it go because you trust her.

My advice: don't look for trouble where there might be none. Whatever went on in the past, could be over with. Regardless, he's distancing himself.

Don't broadcast your insecurity nor obsess about it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 05:42 pm
@InvisibleOne,
This is not your business, back off, get a grip.

Also, you do not own her or him, who are acting reasonably. You also don't own them otherwise. He is probably chary of you, guy all unable to relax.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 10:16 pm
@InvisibleOne,
The past is the past. I wouldn't be concern about something that happen in the past. If it's going right now, that's a whole other issue. This kind of remind me of that old song "He's Just a Friend" by Biz Markie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 10:22 pm
@InvisibleOne,
InvisibleOne wrote:
What could be going on here?

what's happening is that you are obsessing

get over it or move on
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:00 am
I've got a feeling that there's more going on here . . .

"I find it hard to believe that they never had sex seeing that he ignores her now."

Is THAT what's REALLY bothering you?

Why can't you see that whatever they had, it's over! Isn't that good enough for you?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:53 am
@InvisibleOne,
As long as she isn't going to hotels and traveling with him alone now then it is in the past whether anything happened or not.

My take -- he is and has been interested in her as more than friends --- she has not been always thought of him as a friend. He has been friends with her in the hope that it would become something more. He is upset she found someone and it hurts him that is why he is remaining distant. I've seen this happen before.

But again that is just my thought on the limited info I have here. Either way it is past so let it lie.
0 Replies