Guys:why would you keep a booty call around for 1 year?

Mya85

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:47 am
Ok so I have a friend who is in said relationship above. We will call him guy 1. She and guy 1 dated for a couple of weeks and then he disappeared. She met someone else and got in a relationship. Guy 1 tried to come around and she told him about her new relationship...he didn't took it well. Well, her relationship ended up not being a good one as he cheated on her and then he got involved in drugs... She had to walk away very hurt. During the 8 month relationship guy 1 tried to come around a few times. When she ended the relationship she got involved pretty quickly with guy 1 with no strings attached. They see each other once a week or every other week. My question is this... Why would he keep her around for so long and not develop feelings, or you would think he would get tired of her and move on to someone else. Its just sex from what she says and I know she likes him.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 01:18 am
@Mya85,
Quote:
Why would he keep her around for so long and not develop feelings, or you would think he would get tired of her and move on to someone else. Its just sex from what she says and I know she likes him.

My thoughts are. Your friend, needs to love herself, as she is choosing guys that use her, guy 1 as perhaps she jumped in too quick, guy 2, wasn't obviously the right one, he cheated on her and was into drugs before trust me.

Second, your "friend" has made this decision to just have a booty call, once a week or every other week. She said no strings attached, so that is what it is.

Is "she" asking you those questions? Why he has no feelings, may move on, is it just sex.

Women obtain an emotional bond because they want more, they want a relationship.

If the said woman allows herself to be a booty call, she is putting something out there, I am not interested, I am not worthy of more, a proper relationship, or, I don't want one.

Guy 1, kept trying at the beginning because he got horny, then found out she had someone, so off course, he was only interested in the sex, kept trying and in the end won.

He's not interested in her in any other way, as I said, I think she had sex too early when they met, he is just using her.

She needs to get out, get a grip, love herself and stop going out with losers and wait until someone decent comes along.

I used to tell my adopted daughter, "keep your legs closed" in the end she did, she's been engaged for 3 years now, marrying in 2017..

Maybe that's some good advise for your friend.

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 06:54 am
@Mya85,
Mya85 wrote:

... Why would he keep her around for so long and not develop feelings...

'Cause for a lot of young men, this is guy paradise.

A gal you can bang who won't pressure you for a ring or to meet her parents or buy her dinner or even a Christmas card?

Why is he doing it?

Because you're letting him.

Oh, sorry, your 'friend' is.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:51 am
@Mya85,
I don't accept the idea that casual sex between two consenting adults means one is taking advantage of the other. Two consenting adults who choose to be in a sexual relationship of any type are equals and should be considered as such.

I don't see Guy 1 doing anything wrong. He has chosen to be part of a sexual relationship just as Friend has. He is being honest about where he is in the relationship. I don't know why Found Soul and Jespah have both decided to be so hard on one part of the relationship but not the other.

Friend is an adult woman (I assume). If she wants to be in this type of relationship, then she should enjoy it for what it is. If she doesn't want this type of relationship, then she should walk away.

Let's start treating men and women as equal. There is nothing that I would say to Friend that I wouldn't also say to Guy 1 (since they are both choosing this relationship). If they want the sex with no-strings attached relationship, enjoy it. If not, then leave it.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:57 am
@jespah,
Quote:
'Cause for a lot of young men, this is guy paradise.

A gal you can bang who won't pressure you for a ring or to meet her parents or buy her dinner or even a Christmas card?

Sorry Jespah, the gender stereotypes in this statement really bother me.

What would you say if the genders were reversed? Anything similar? After all, there are women who want to have sex but have no interest in "a ring" or even in meeting the guys parents.

I don't like the idea that sex is something a man does to a woman... nor the idea that a woman needs something in return.

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:18 am
@maxdancona,
I'd say she was using him, too.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:32 am
How does one become a booty call?

I have spent a small fortune advertising myself and leaving cards in phone booths all around London, but so far I have only had two Court injunctions and a raid from Her Maj's Constabulary to show for it.

I am hoping to become at least a part time booty call in 2016, once I have had the glamour photos taken in January.
FBM

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:03 am
@Lordyaswas,
Wishing you the best in the coming year... http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/teaemoticonbygmintyfresxa4.gif
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:24 am
@Mya85,
Sometimes men are with women strictly for sex.
Sometimes women are with men strictly for sex.
Sometimes men are with men strictly for sex.
Sometimes women are with women strictly for sex.

Sometimes people are with other people strictly for sex.

As long as both your friend and the guy are happy/comfortable with the current state of things between them, good for them. There is no need to have a "relationship" with the person you're having sex with. Some people prefer it that way but it's an individual choice.

If your friend - or the guy - want more than sex from the other they'll have to say something - to the other person. It's not rocket science.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:26 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
Women obtain an emotional bond because they want more, they want a relationship.

I really don't agree that this is a "woman" thing. My personal experience over the years is that it's more likely to be the male in the couple to want a commitment/relationship.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:27 am
@Lordyaswas,
Looking forward to seeing the results of the upcoming glamour shot. Have you picked a theme?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:42 pm
"Its just sex from what she says and I know she likes him."

So, what's the problem? Sounds like everything is to her liking.

When the angst sets in, contact us again.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
vikorr

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 10:18 pm
@CeasarSalad,
Do you mean sodomists? Sodomites came from Sodom.

As for gay people - you know that God created them too, right? As in, he allowed their genetics to become crossed...many even look half man/woman. It would be a strange God that hated his own creation, and blamed them for the way he made them.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 01:44 am
@CeasarSalad,
So, do you therefore have any suggestions as to what theme I should use for my forthcoming glamour shoot?

I was originally thinking "Naughty Vicar/Secret Crossdresser", but you may have other ideas.

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 01:50 am
@vikorr,
Your English sucks, as usual. Sodomite is the proper word in English for someone who engages in sodomy. Or, for that matter, speculates about cross-dressing, naughty vicars.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 02:31 am
@Mya85,
The people you describe sound like democrats. Have you considered having them spayed/neutered??
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 07:23 am
@CeasarSalad,
CeasarSalad wrote:
... because the Bible is a valid historical reference...

I can't even.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 10:13 am
@jespah,
The Bible says we can have sex slaves. I don't see how a booty call is a problem.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:57 pm
@Setanta,
Thank you for the correction Setanta - I learnt something today. Though it is also the word for an inhabitant of Sodom.
0 Replies