Answered - thanks again.

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:38 pm
Maybe I should call the Brown hotel and see if someone would tell me if I'm booked there. :evil thoughts:

I don't think they would tell me, but who knows. I have all HIS info, so I can verify whatever.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:54 pm
Java
warm cup of java?

http://www.taylormaidfarms.com/learn_content/press_new_age_coffee_122002.html

Courier-Journal - Louisville, Kentucky
20 Dec 2002

New-age Coffee: Demand perks up for organically grown beans for cup of java
By Sarah Fritschner

Three years ago, Gary Heine could only describe the difficulties in procuring organically grown coffee. It was a complicated process, and good-quality, organically grown beans weren't readily available. So he didn't carry any at his Heine Brothers Coffee shops in Louisville....
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:16 pm
java
Here we go:

Louisville

Java Brewing Company
Coffee Roasting company and operator of full service coffee houses in Louisville, KY. Java Brewing also provides consulting services to anyone interested in getting involved in the espresso industry - 2910 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206

http://www.lucidcafe.com/cafebystate/kyforum.html

Louisville is home of the Louisville Slugger! You could probably play with him: Honey, I think you have me stumped. You're certainly in the major leagues when it comes to mystery, and I'm just a little slugger!

LOL
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:16 pm
Debra, oh my.

I feel like putting some sort of top secret cover on this thread in case he starts searching where I might be searching. ::laugh::

The ONLY problem:

He has been to Kentucky and I haven't asked where. I'm thinking it may be Fort Knox. So I did a search to see how far it was from Louisville. It's only 36 miles (59 minutes according to the site). Does this eliminate it? I would have already asked about Kentucky (what city he has been to), but I haven't heard from him all day. I heard on the news that things are picking up there. He is located in one of the most heavily mortared places, and there were just 2 deaths. I'll bring this thread up in a few days when I've had a chance to talk to him. Smile
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:18 pm
Debra, I am so stealing that slugger line. Laughing

I'll let you know what he says IF he ever replies back. *anxious*
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:24 pm
Please do!
LOL! If we're on track, that line should get his head whirling!

The clue:

Hint #5: We have never been there nor has his family. He said consider an hour from any city we've been to, the same city.

If Louisville is 59 miles away from Fort Knox, then it would be about an hour's drive away . . . I think it fits the clue.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:26 pm
check airline too
Maybe a commercial flight is only an hour long from New Orleans (where you were together) to Louisville. He's tricky, we have to think of all the angles.
0 Replies

bromeliad

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:35 pm
The Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville? Fits with some clues, but not others. Not that exciting for a honeymoon, either.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:35 pm
Oooh the mystery continues! So, if it's not prying, may I ask when the happy day will be?

Hmm KY has merits, so does NY, what about some place like Hilton Head? It fits the bill re Rich & Famous and there wouldn't be a pool 'cause the ocean is right there. Dunno about the rental car or horseback riding. Coffee could be nearly anything. But, the elevation thing could be :-D Kitty Hawk is not terribly far away - so he could mean the Wright Brothers' first flight.

I've gone to the Hamptons a few times but not for anything luxurious. Can't recall anything re horseback riding. The closest race track is Belmont Park, I believe, many miles away. And helfino re java. Hmm.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:43 pm
I am so tired and about to crash but to do some quick answering.

May 27th - honeymoon (4days)
May 21st - married

I was wondering if it was the Hamptons just because it just sounds cool. ha.ha.

Okay. Something I failed to mention: The horse riding was not "REALLY" a clue. He had asked me what I'd like to do if I could do anything in the world. My plain jane self said horseback riding Smile

Then I wrote back and said, "well...maybe not because I would hate to be sore on our short honeymoon since people say the first time you go, your back and legs can hurt." He replied by email "Well you don't have to worry about horseback riding, there is none ...at least for amateurs."

I just found it odd he would say it like that, so I included it as a clue. I promise it's the only one I added w/o him saying it was a clue though. Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:59 pm
:-D We were married on 5/25. But, uh, it was in '92.

Go to sleep! We'll be here tomorrow.

PS The java for the Brown hotel in Louisville could just be related to the name of the hotel, brown, as in the color of coffee. Then again, maybe I just need sleep, too.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:13 am
Clue No. 9
Hint #9: Lots of good music here. Music attracts people here.

http://www.bisig.com/3_promotions.htm

This site explains all the musical attractions in Louisville, KY: The Kentucky Reggae Festival; The Louisville Blues-n-Jazz Festival; Rock the Water Tower; Louisville Octoberfest

The Kentucky Reggae Festival

Since 1991, the Kentucky Reggae Festival has been the predominant event in the Louisville area during Memorial Day Weekend. The event is designed to bring the true Caribbean atmosphere to Louisville's backyard, while entertaining and delighting all in attendance.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:52 am
Travel Channel
Hint #1: We are going to a place in the states that you would see on Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous AND the Travel channel. There are quite a few famous people we could possibly see.

I don't think it's the Brown Hotel; I think it's the HILTON:

Seelbach Hilton--Louisville, Kentucky
http://www.seelbachhilton.com/history_celebrities.html

Celebrities & Ghosts

Walk where celebrities and legends once walked at The Seelbach Hilton, a grand hotel that has attracted the rich and famous for almost 100 years. F. Scott Fitzgerald was one of the hotel's most significant visitors, as he references the hotel in his book "The Great Gatsby." The Seelbach Hilton's storied past is filled with tales of 1920s gangsters, U.S. presidents and even … a ghost!

Actors, Entertainers & Sports Legends

Today, The Seelbach Hilton's majestic grace and Southern hospitality make it a favorite getaway for celebrities. Performers and other famous figures come for turn-of-the-century ambiance and to dine at the AAA Five Diamond restaurant, The Oakroom.

A Magnet for the Famous
The grand surroundings of The Seelbach have drawn other notable figures such as Muhammad Ali, who was born and raised in Louisville, and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. The Seelbach Hilton has also been graced with visits from other personalities including Peter Jennings, Diane Sawyer, Mikhail Gorbachev, Wolfgang Puck, Vice President Dick Cheney, Julia Child and Emeril Lagasse.

Also on this webpage:

The Travel Channel featured The Seelbach Hilton in an episode of "Travel Channel Secrets" entitled "Hideouts of the Rich."

Facilities & Services
http://www.seelbachhilton.com/facilities.html

No rental car? Local Transportation - Learn about Louisville's free antique-style trolley that can take you around town, as well as other local transportation.

Lush Sheets and Java?

http://www.conventionsouth.com/news/news.asp
LOUISVILLE, Ky.: The Seelbach Hilton is planning to spend $6.8 million to upgrade its rooms and facilities and to add new amenities. Among the planned changes are an overhaul of the hotel's meeting and event rooms on the first and 10th floors, an upgrade of Otto's restaurant on the first floor, and a soft goods upgrade in The Oakroom restaurant. In addition, all bedding will be replaced with the new Hilton-brand bedding, a Starbucks coffee shop will be added on the first floor in now-empty retail space, and equipment will be added to the fitness center. Approximately $4 million worth of changes will be completed by the end of the year with the remainder of the projects to be completed sometime next year.

see also: http://louisville.bizjournals.com/louisville/stories/2004/05/24/daily27.html

ANOTHER CLUE: Think of Waldorf? Think of the Waldorf HILTON
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:10 am
Speaking of thread counts. . . .
Speaking of thread counts:

Paris Hilton Sex Tape Shot at Hyatt

Throughout the scandal, Hilton’s parents have done their utmost to stand by their daughter’s side . . . Holding back tears, Hilton’s mother, Virginia Hilton, said, “The thought of her romping around on those sheets with the low thread count...I’m sorry...”
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:13 am
Hilton Beds
Hilton website:

All rooms also feature ''The Bed by Hilton'' with plush top mattress sets and 250 thread count sheeting....
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 09:39 am
edit*
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:21 am
edit*
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:54 am
Ft Hood: See? We tried to warn ya 'bout Deb Law. ( She's not all about low thread countseither.)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:56 am
ha. Laughing

So Chuckster, are you a military boy?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:59 am
Very good!
Joahaeyo wrote:
I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT!!

The mystery is solved! Colorado is beautiful--you will thoroughly enjoy your time with each other!
0 Replies