A bad week......

BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 02:34 pm
Last Sunday on my way to the gym my heart monitor that I wear when exercising went crazy showing way high pulse rates before I even reach the gym.

Instead of the gym I stop at a fire station and found out that my heart had gone into afib for the first time in my life.

Ended up in the hospital from Tues to Thru where they shook my heart back into the correct rhyme.

Then today I needed to take my little black cat that came into my life in 2009 along with four kittens to the vet to be put down.

Lord I am going to miss Midnight but there come a time when keeping a pet alive when it her time to go start to be heartless.

In any case it been a bad week indeed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 927 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 02:38 pm
@BillRM,
Hope the ensuing weeks are better
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 02:40 pm
@BillRM,
I sure hope that was the bottom end of the spiral and that things start working their way back up again now.
BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 02:44 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks...I been thinking of adding a black kitten to my household to honor Midnight memory.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 02:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks........The heart thing was a complete surprise but I knew that Midnight lifespan was coming to an end for months. Been keeping her going with constant care and medications three times a day.

My days away resulted in her getting slightly less care for those days and when I got home her condition make it plain that it was pass time.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 02:53 pm
@BillRM,
It is hard to say goodbye to a loved pet.

It's just over a year since Bailey died. For some reason a lot of people have been asking about him in the past week when I have Bella out. I try not to get down about it, but I miss that dog so much.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 03:24 pm
You did the compassionate thing.

Get better!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 06:30 am
@BillRM,
your AT fibrillation is a condition tht will be with you so now that youve hqd one episode you can learn to live with em.
I monitor mine and just take a"blood thinner" to prevent a blood clot that could cause stroke. I have a friend hose uncle is 92 and has episodic AT fib and hes till spry and otherwis healthy person.

I hope you conider getting another kitty. (We personally like Maine Coons or thee Bombay black cats). They have personalities , one talks nd the other is just like a little curious kid.
CeasarSalad

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 02:44 pm
@BillRM,
Hi Bill,
Sorry to hear about your loss and you health situation. I believe your life was saved for a reason and I encourage you to get closer to God and learn what your true purpose is right now. There are so many ways to study and grow wise but reading the bible, going to church, listening to radio broadcast are just a few. We all have bad days-its just a matter of finding your true source of power and strength to get through them time and again. Hope this helps.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 02:59 pm
@farmerman,
The same woman who run a rescue group that was nice enough to help me find a home for one of Midnight kittens in 2009 is still in business the last I check and I am thinking of seeing if she have a black kitten for adoption.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
Adopt it, midnight would if he could tell you, to do so. Pets are our family, never to be replaced, however, just the little strangest things that a new life in your household does sometimes, reminds us of those we miss, maybe even deliberately, from above, from midnight.

Get better.
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 05:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No other animal could replaced Midnight as right from the start when she ask for my help with her kittens we had a special relationship.

But in finding homes for her kittens I found out to my shock that due to superstitions black cats no matter how beautiful are harder to adopt so by adopting a black kitten and giving her of him a good life I feel that I would be honoring her memory and life.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 05:29 pm
Oy. I hope you feel better soon. A-fib can be scary.

And I'm sorry about Midnight. You did a good thing.
0 Replies

AdanClinton

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 03:49 am
@BillRM,
Everything is going to be okay ,keep an optimistic attitude towards life and you'll be lucky !
0 Replies