I never knew Australia was such a forward-thinking country

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 04:42 pm
Yes. And I enjoy both.

Prrrrrrrffffffffttttttttttttttttttt!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
I've heard Canadians were polite but isn't that taking things just a little too far?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:09 pm
Dlowan, talking about masturbation and flatulence, gave the reader a personal tour of the activity in the Lowan household when she wrote:
Yes. And I enjoy both.

Simultaneously? That's quite the picture you've painted, Dlowan.

Quite the image indeed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:12 pm
I am very flexible.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:58 pm
We need far more emoticons for that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:04 am
A robust fart can be a great thing .... if no one else is around! :wink:
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:27 am
I know some who really clear up the nasal areas ... Shocked ... I mean, OFFICIALLY no one has ever died of farts, but I HAVE heard there is some sort of ancient mixture which can really blow your head off...

http://ogunquitmaine.net/tm52.jpg
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:34 am
none
cavfancier wrote:
We need far more emoticons for that.

I'm sure that someone here-- probably Gus-- is working on that right now.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:58 am
Actually Rick, I did hear of someone who died from "gassing" himself. Can't remember where, possibly the Darwin awards, I shall have to check and get back to you.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:39 pm
Must be an urban legend fortune. Some weeks ago there was a programm on MTV (yes, MTV can be very educational) and it discussed popular urban legends, whether they were true or not. One of the legends discussed was whether there have really been cases of people who have died from farts. It was not true. You can not die (directly) from farts. It has something to do with the concentration of the gasses, and that it is not high enough to be lethal.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:54 pm
From the Darwin Awards web site:

(25 March 1993)
"A terrible diet and room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man killed by his own gas. There were no marks found on his body, but an autopsy revealed the presence of large amounts of methane dissolved in his blood.

His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage, just the right combination of foods to produce a severe gas attack. It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed.

Had his windows been open, the flatulence wouldn't have been fatal, but the man was shut up in a nearly airtight bedroom. He was an obese man with an unlimited capacity for creating the deadly gas. Three rescuers became sick and one was hospitalized."

Another one of lesser relevance (but still just as strange):

"(California) A dairy worker who heard that bovine flatulence was largely composed of methane, and potentially explosive, decided to apply the scientific method to the theory. While one of his contented cow charges was hooked up to the milking machine, he waited for the slight tail lift which dairy workers know signals an impending expulsion, generally something to avoid. Our hero struck a match. His satisfaction at seeing the resulting foot-long blue flame lasted mere seconds, before the flame was subsumed by a rectal contraction. The poor Holstein exploded, killing the worker who was struck by a flying femur bone. "

Edit: The last one is aknowledged to be an urban legend, but hey, it's funny as hell!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:04 pm
The Darwin Awards website - sorry to say it - does not seem to be the most serious website I ever encountered fortune.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:14 pm
No problem, it's still pretty funny (in a morbid kind of way).
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:17 pm
I didn't say it wasn't funny Mr. Green
0 Replies