Unhappy in Houston

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:04 pm
I am 44 and on my second marriage. I am just as unhappy as I was in my first marriage, and have already had several short-term affairs. These encounters brought back all the passion and excitement that fulfill me in a relationship. Unfortunately, the women I had affairs with wanted more. Is it wrong to just want to have an intense love affair with a woman without changing either one of our current relationships?

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:13 pm
@JamesinHouston,
It must suck to be your wives.

Why do you even bother to get married, or stay married?

Is it health insurance? Tax breaks? 'Cause it sure as hell doesn't seem to be for love, and you've admitted it's not for fidelity's sake.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 01:43 pm
@JamesinHouston,
Quote:
Is it wrong to just want to have an intense love affair with a woman without changing either one of our current relationships?
Yes. Although if your wife is informed of your cheating ways and is fine with it, then who am I to say you are wrong. But I'm guessing your wife doesn't know. Which simply makes you a lying, cheating bastard in my book.

Here is a brilliant idea that you probably have not thought of since you seem to think with your dick instead of you head. Put some actual effort into fixing your marriage. Maybe use the time you take searching out sexual partners to do things with your wife. And if spending time with her is so disagreeable, do the poor woman a huge favor and leave her. She will be so much happier without you.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 01:56 pm
Here's a thought:
Do what I did. Don't get married.
Marriage isn't for every man though society puts a lot of pressure on us guys to pursue it.
Until you figure out what you want, stop hurting your spouses and girlfriends.

It's very cruel.
0 Replies