Cartier-Bresson, master photographer, dies at 95

boomerang

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:22 pm
I have to confess, with no offense intended towards anyone...

I was confused about what type of comment someone would want for an obit. Especially after there seemed to be some urgency after reading the posts directed to osso.

Anyyyyyyyway. I posted my thougts and didn't really get a reply or anything to encourage conversation. So I'm unsure if there is supposed to be a direction to this thread. Being a recent re-joiner to A2K, I don't really know the people on this thread or the protocol. Enlighten me!

Like I said, I could discuss Bresson all day -- but not with myself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:31 pm
I could too, let us give it a few hours, say til morning, and then just talk?

This is an odd occurrance, I don't know what is going on.
I have usually liked Thok's posts, and virtually always liked panzade's posts. Why I am nongrata, I can't guess.

So, never mind, we need to talk Bresson.

Well, ok.

When I first heard of him, he made sense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:23 pm
panzade wrote:
Thok, Osso gets a little snippy without her beauty rest. :wink:

I don't get to bookmark? Tell me, panzade, how I offended you, even though I smiled when I checked in before work in the morning, I don't get it.

I am aware that we are probably putting off boomerang, a photographer many of us appreciate, with this jousting.

But I want to know why I am dissed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:44 pm
Ok, boomerang, you and I can talk in the morning and anyone else who wants to join us. I don't know what I did, but none of the frisson in the air is against you.

Manana.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 01:12 am
I `m sorry . I wanted not jostle your post. It was rather a missunderstanding.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:23 am
Quote:
Rick d'Israeli wrote:

You're one of those demanding types aren't you Thok

Nope, it was simply a question and ...

I was just joking Thok :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:10 am
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:22 am
Here are a few links on Cartier-Bresson. The last two have a good supply of photos.

http://www.photo-seminars.com/Fame/bresson.htm

http://www.peterfetterman.com/artists/cb/cb.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/museums/photogallery/bresson/ Wonderful portraits; I especially liked Oppenheimer's.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:36 am
Thanks for posting that article, osso. It really points out one of my favorite things about Bresson's work - that despite the fact that he might be at an event, the work is not about the event.

One of my favorite of his photos was from the Soviet Union - there is a line of ... is it soldiers?... police?.... with a crowd queued up behind them -- something is obviously taking place. A little girl peeks through the line of ... are they guards?, holding.... not flowers, but something... and she is looking straight into the lens. Whatever is going on simply serves as a frame for this portrait of the girl.

Amazing.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
Great links, osso! I think I'll spend the rest of the day on that last one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:53 am
And I want to look more at the middle one, the fetterman gallery. Back later today.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:27 pm
Time for me to apologize for over reacting to Thok and Panzade's posts the other night. Sorry for my grouchiness.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:54 pm
I'm sorry I irked you. I like to gambol with my favorite posters. And you are one of my favorites Osso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:41 pm
I'll get it next time!
0 Replies