Friendship Advice

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 12:33 pm
Hi. I have a group of friends, about 9 of us in total. My closest friends are, we'll call them, Red, Green, and Pink. A month ago, Pink was excluded rather rudely by Red, Green, and another girl in our circle, Silver. Red and Silver were very rude but when I confronted Red, my BFF, she stopped. It's very awkward because now Pink hates us but she does not have many friends, so I stick with her. The problem is we cannot do things together or hang out with out there being an awkward choice. I put myself in the middle to connect everyone. What should I do to make this less awkward and more friendly?

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 01:09 pm
@ariapenn33,
Stop being friends with people who exclude others.

I realize that's not so easy at times, but this is a time in life where you make a choice.
ariapenn33

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 12:23 pm
@jespah,
Hey. I think that I may have been unclear about what was going on, but I appreciate your advice, as it was very wise. I know that my friends are doing their best not to hurt Pink's feelings, and I completely understand why people might dislike her. She can sometimes be annoying, and a bit conceited, but those things don't often bother me. She isn't being excluded as much as defriended. I just don't understand how to unite them.
jespah

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 12:30 pm
@ariapenn33,
You do not have to be the peacemaker or the bridge in your circle.

Understand that not everyone likes each other (and that's fine). Reconciling that will only make you nuts.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:23 pm
@ariapenn33,
ariapenn33 wrote:
I just don't understand how to unite them.

you can't really do that

some people don't like other people and that's how it is

not all of your friends have to be friendly with each other

0 Replies

ariapenn33

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 12:07 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for your advice. It will really be different, but I hope they find some sort of peace in the future.
0 Replies