hawkeye10

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:28 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I agree with ossobucco, Im happy with the site, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the improvements.

change is sometimes progress, sometimes not, something that most progressives have yet to learn.
glitterbag

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh thats so cute, you wrote that like you actually have a clue. hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhaaaaa

Below viewing threshold (view)
Robert Gentel

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
Actually that was mainly written with you in mind, you are objectively the most annoying user A2K has ever had (most downvoted in history etc) and responsible for a significant amount of the decline of A2K.

That being said I agree that glitterbag is not doing anybody any favors by that kind of post. This topic and this community would be better off without it. And like I said on the other topic users who have a pattern of obnoxious and toxic behavior in the community will be shown the door. It's ironic that you are admonishing others about this and continuing to troll.

Your continued presence in the able2know community is contingent on being able to change your style so far. When the platform is ready (might be as long as a year from now) you'd be able to join or make other communities but the crap you've heaped on a2k is not going to be tolerated anymore.
hawkeye10

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:20 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Your continued presence in the able2know community is contingent on being able to change your style so far. When the platform is ready (might be as long as a year from now) you'd be able to join or make other communities but the crap you've heaped on a2k is not going to be tolerated anymore.

So long as you are judging my actions rather than other people's' reactions to me I will be fine.
Robert Gentel

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
If I think you are deliberately provoking adverse reactions you're gone. Annoying people on purpose is not cool.
hawkeye10

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:23 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

If I think you are deliberately provoking adverse reactions you're gone.

Fair enough, but as I told Glitter a few weeks back I am more than willing to follow those who attack me into the gutter to defend myself, but so long as no one else is there , so long as I am not attacked first, you will not find me there either. I very much look forwards to this personal attack BS leaving, it sucks up way too much time, and it drives people away. What glitter just did was a straight up personal attack, in response to a post were I never even mentioned any person in particular, my only naming was "progressives", and I certainly hope that the mistakes of progressives are fair game for mentioning on A2K, which at one time at least was supposed to be an ideas place. And this happens ALL THE ******* TIME.
Robert Gentel

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's your self-image but it's not accurate, sometimes you'll be obnoxious just because you aren't getting enough attention. Case in point: this thread, where you act like a petulant child and even curse at me for not answering your PMs from a year or so ago when I wasn't using the site. Later, when I'm not even talking to you and you just keep flooding the thread with rambling attempts to goad me into wasting time talking to you.

You think you are this emotionally controlled person, only giving what you are dealt yourself. This stoic self-image is nonsense, you are an emotive person routinely lashing out at the community. I don't expect you to be able to change this but at least you can always find another community to contribute your valuable "content" to or wait till the new platform generates communities that will have you.
hawkeye10

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:33 pm
@Robert Gentel,
In this case I was completely right, and Glitter was completely wrong. Her attack of me personally was completely unprovoked. The fact that it does not appear that you understand that is a problem. You should be giving me props for doing the right thing, not giving me a lecture.
Robert Gentel

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am not going to moderate every exchange, I care more about the overall community culture and was addressing its biggest problem.
Below viewing threshold (view)
panzade

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 10:42 pm
Robert
Quote:
you are objectively the most annoying user A2K has ever had

Wow

Robert
Quote:
and responsible for a significant amount of the decline of A2K.

Double wow

I don't know hawk. Without some style changes in your postings it seems you might not be around next year
Robert Gentel

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 10:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't intend to "punish" anyone and am certainly not going to go around moderating every exchange. It's simple, the people who have a net toxic effect on the community are going to be excluded so that the community can thrive. If the goal is to have a vibrant exchange of viewpoints then people whose tone and style are driving enough people away are detrimental to even the diversity of viewpoints represented in the community.

When the new platform is ready there will be plenty of other communities that decide to set a different tone. In fact, I'm going to start one myself and let it be a no-holds-barred area. But I want to preserve more of the original culture that a2k had and we are going back to the tone set before the last rewrite was launched (along with a more hands-off approach to community building).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 11:06 pm
@panzade,
I know Panzade. He is rarely so out there with his opinion, which I trust if I get to see it. Man I like, but, so what, that's me. Just that he is possibly the most temperate here of all of us, while very knowledgeable, and I will guess with opinions to share in an other atmosphere. Not that he wouldn't deal with argument, but re no interest in ragers, bloviators.

Not to pile on Hawk, I even respond to him once in a while re food, but he lost me many years ago re any other subjects. I didn't leave, but that was all part of some others taking off over time..
Not his opinions stated once, no, but the bellicosity abounding and abounding forevermore, said the crow.

I'll be interested how this works out. We all, don't we, like freedom of speech; we all don't like being verbally battered.
glitterbag

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 11:30 pm
@ossobuco,
There are so many people I would love to see again, edgarbly, debacle,firefly, bella dea, and of course Sturgis (he was so much fun on the game threads), cavfancier, ...I'd like to see more of Joe Nation, J.L.Nobody, intrepid and Germlat.

Some still post a little, but so many have joined a group on Facebook we are all the poorer for it. I hope Lordaswas comes back, he is a stich and a half.

I know I have left out quite a few, but even if I didnt name them I would still love to see them return. Mortality has removed some of the best, and some who have been in poor health. I think we all still mourn Merry Andrew, if he was still with us..he would be with us.

I'm more than willing to tone down my responses, I can still use the ignore feature and I just need to never get curious about what the ignored are commenting on. Frankly, it's much more enjoyable dealing with the less tense folks.

Everyone should remember A2K doesn't allow commercial advertising or any other nuisance ads. Facebook is always trying furiously to make connections that you might not really appreciate. For instance, when my 1st husband's third wife started following me, I divorced her husband in 1978 and it was the happiest day in my life. I don't want to be pals with her or my ex....but thanks to FB, they were able to find me.

All in all, A2K does a terrific job, I'm happy to comply and adjust to anything new the site originator wants to create. God Bless
ossobuco

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 11:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes to that.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 7 Dec, 2015 12:19 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
And like I said on the other topic users who have a pattern of obnoxious and toxic behavior in the community will be shown the door.

Houray!
Lash

Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:40 am
@Olivier5,
I am happy to see this if the Decider isn't part of the pack that approves the political opinions of the asshole.
Setanta

Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:52 am
@Lash,
If there were a community of people holding the same political views, that is exactly how it would work.
Lash

Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:56 am
@Setanta,
Yes. So it won't be the assholes that are dispatched, but people with divergent opinions. Little echo chambers. But if that's preferred, let it be.