George

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:29 am
@timur,
timur wrote:
Venom?
You know that in our hearts only reside a love that overflows to our human
fellows..
Of course. For certain restricted definitions of "human fellows".
DrewDad

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:43 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Another reason why I don't sweat it when people get angry that I don't build it their way. I don't tell them what to do with their time and money so when they do it to me I give it all the consideration that it is due.

Bingo.
neologist

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 11:04 am
@George,
timur wrote:
Venom?
You know that in our hearts only reside a love that overflows to our human
fellows..
George wrote:
Of course. For certain restricted definitions of "human fellows".
True, George.
Quote:
Not every banana is in the right bunch. - Tobias Fleabitis

Laughing
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 02:43 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Robert Gentel wrote:

Another reason why I don't sweat it when people get angry that I don't build it their way. I don't tell them what to do with their time and money so when they do it to me I give it all the consideration that it is due.

Bingo.

You will always be able to live off of the well deserved credit which is afforded to you for having saved the community from the collapse of Abuzz. But this place could be a hell of a lot better, and you could be a hell of a lot better at running it. The only thing standing in the way is that you dont very well intake the wisdom and advice of people who have different skillsets than you who would like to see you get better and would like to see A2K get better. People like me who know what they are doing and would like to help.

You have fallen into the dictator trap. Wise the **** up and get out, for the good of A2K.
Setanta

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 02:45 pm
What happened to that adios bullshit you were peddling?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 02:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
You have fallen into the dictator trap.

You really are a complete tit.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

Robert Gentel wrote:

Bingo.

You will always be able to live off of the well deserved credit which is afforded to you for having saved the community from the collapse of Abuzz. But this place could be a hell of a lot better, and you could be a hell of a lot better at running it. The only thing standing in the way is that you dont very well intake the
wisdom and advice of people who have different skillsets than you who would
like to see you get better and would like to see A2K get better. People like me who know what they are doing and would like to help.

You have fallen into the dictator trap. Wise the **** up and get out, for the good of A2K.

He doesn't owe us anything you dolt. Do you think he couldn't just shut the whole thing down? If you think the site is sub-par please direct us to the forum YOU created. Ive always thought you were an ass, I just never realized what an arrogant, vainglorious, pretentious ass you are. So, take your skill sets and see if you can create a forum, I'll wait.
Frank Apisa

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:43 pm
Just thought I would re-post Glitterbag's assessment of the Hawk...since she did a LOT better job of capturing Hawk's spirit than I could.

He (Robert) doesn't owe us anything you dolt. Do you think he couldn't just shut the whole thing down? If you think the site is sub-par please direct us to the forum YOU created. Ive always thought you were an ass, I just never realized what an arrogant, vainglorious, pretentious ass you are. So, take your skill sets and see if you can create a forum, I'll wait.

Anyway...thank you for the forum, Robert.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
You have failed to offer any motivation for why he should behave any differently, though. To please your sense of right and wrong?

He pays cash money every month so that you have a platform for your misogyny, and you have the gall to tell him he's not doing it well enough to suit you?

You're lucky he doesn't re-code the site so that your display name is Chicken Little. (Or Chicken Little-dick, which I suspect is more accurate.)

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
He doesn't owe us anything you dolt.

It is not about what Robert owes me me or does not owe me or owes anyone else here.....what this is about is if Robert wants to do this then he should want to do it right, and right includes listening to people who know more than he does about some things before choosing. And in this case it also means taking some effort to facilitate the sprouting and the maintenance of a community at A2K, because without a community this place is not worth spit (flash back to the end of Abuzz if you dont get my meaning) . Pretending to listen to the community would be a good start. I thought he learned that a few years back. I guess I was wrong.

DrewDad

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I guess I was wrong.

Apology accepted.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 03:54 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
He pays cash money every month

I dont know who pays, on the several occasions that I have seen people ask who funds this place no answer has been given, but if money is a problem then a entry fee should be charged to members. That probably should be done anyways.
glitterbag

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 05:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
He doesn't owe us anything you dolt.

It is not about what Robert owes me me or does not owe me or owes anyone else here.....what this is about is if Robert wants to do this then he should want to do it right, and right includes listening to people who know more than he does about some things before choosing. And in this case it also means taking some effort to facilitate the sprouting and the maintenance of a community at A2K, because without a community this place is not worth spit (flash back to the end of Abuzz if you dont get my meaning) . Pretending to listen to the community would be a good start. I thought he learned that a few years back. I guess I was wrong.

You seem to be doubling down on the audacity. If you were a spoiled 14 year old who got a trophy for just showing up I could just chuckle, because sooner or later life will catch up with them. But oh no, you ramp up your entitlement and lecture your benefactor about doing a "better job of serving your sorry ass".

Let me guess, you have become one of the 'elites' you moan about. Now I know why my Dad used to say the Good Lord made more horses asses than he made horses.

Good God man, just admit you were a jerk to Robert.
hawkeye10

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 05:48 pm
@glitterbag,
Unless I am massively wrong about Robert he understands the importance of the combat of ideas, and a very big part of that is that power needs people around who will suck it up and speak truth in spite of the fact that what needs to be said is often not wanted to be heard. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are good examples of the failures in leadership which usually result when this is not in place. Steve Jobs got away with running a dictatorship and not shopping for other peoples ideas, but he had an almost monastic fidelity to the truth and thus was right a high percentage of the time, A skill which few people possess.

At this point no one should doubt my loyalty to A2K, and I dont expect that Robert does. Whether I am an asshole or not is pretty much irrelevant, what matters is whether I am right or am I am wrong.

I am right.

And just for the record I dont doubt Roberts motives. He needs a little help is all. There are a lot of people here who have a willingness to pitch in and help. He might consider tapping into that.
izzythepush

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 06:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
You don't half talk a lot of tripe. There's no power in A2K, it's somewhere to let off steam and chew the fat. That's all it really is, occasionally someone will ask a question and get an answer. I don't think anyone gives a monkey's about your loyalty. If you're here it's because you like it or you're too lazy to go anywhere else. You don't talk truth, you just air your own prejudices and convince yourself it's the truth.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 06:17 pm
@glitterbag,
You seem to be doubling down on the audacity. If you were a spoiled 14 year old who got a trophy for just showing up I could just chuckle, because sooner or later life will catch up with them. But oh no, you ramp up your entitlement and lecture your benefactor about doing a "better job of serving your sorry ass".

Let me guess, you have become one of the 'elites' you moan about. Now I know why my Dad used to say the Good Lord made more horses asses than he made horses.

Good God man, just admit you were a jerk to Robert.
Signature
"My point is that you can think about what I wrote all night and not come to a reasonable determination of whether I'm basically right or full of crap. You just haven't been in this forum long enough." Finn D'buzz
neologist

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 06:17 pm
And while I'm at it, I was looking at pix my brother sent me of a new snowfall in Colorado Springs. . .
Dammit! Can't they get that snow any whiter?

0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 06:46 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Why don't you just change the screen colour and hope it attracts colour-sensitive drones.
Why don't you listen to your primitive tennants - they'll fix it for you.

We call this 'jobs for the boys'..

Oh Frank, let's have a drink...'
This guy is a prime example of why folk never return here.

ARE YOU BLIND, Robert, Or just desensitised to your own incompetence?

Oh, am I Banned, again, for implying your godliness is negligent?
Do us all a favour - Shut the site - It's ****, and you know it.

IF OU DON'T LIKE IT, PACK IT IN YOU SANCTIMONIOUS SCOLD
hawkeye10

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Good God man, just admit you were a jerk to Robert

You are right, in an age where unwanted truth can not be spoken without evasions and euphemisms without the speaker being deemed an asshole speaking unwanted truth without evasion or euphemism is an asshole act.

But there will be no apology coming because the rules are wrong, not what I did.

And you seriously should long be aware of my lack of interest in the labels that other people place on speakers. Far to many of them being wrong makes them not relevant. I make up my own mind, and I make no apologies for that either.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:18 pm
@George,
Yes
0 Replies