Gus the Goat-boy

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:48 am
Edit [Moderator]: Moved from General to Humor.

http://www.ongoing-tales.com/SERIALS/oldtime/STORIES/MONI/graphics/moni2.gif

He took the little goat in his arms. Then he came running back and held out his hand to Paula, saying, "I thank you a thousand times! God reward you for it!"

As he climbed up the mountain he began to sing. His joyous notes rang out so clearly through the valley that every one in the hotel heard them, and many a sleeper turned on his pillow, saying, "Good! the goat boy has sunshine once more." The goats, too, seemed to fell that it was a day of gladness, and skipped and capered about as never before. The sun was so bright, and after the rains the grasses were so green and the flowers so gay that Moni thought he had never seen the world look so beautiful. He kept his little kid beside him all day, and plucked the best herbs for it, saying often, "Little Meggy, you are mine now, and will come up the mountain with me every day as long as you live."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,055 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:50 am
Oh, yeah - he plucked it daily, sometimes twice a day, it gets lonely up there in the mountains.....
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:57 am
Are those boulders, or realy satisfied sheep?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 09:28 am
<giggle>
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 09:25 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 06:43 am
http://www.ongoing-tales.com/SERIALS/oldtime/STORIES/MONI/graphics/moni2.gif

Young Mr. Stillwater was exhausted. He had just climbed to the top of Ratzenhofer Mountain, carrying a goat, and only stopping once for an amorous bestial break. The goat, weary from Stillwater's ravaging, slept comfortably in his arms.

Mr. Stillwater came to seek the guidance of Ratzenhofer. The village below shunned Stillwater because of his fondness for goats, sheep, and an occasional flying squirrel.

But yet Ratzenhofer's behavior with the same animals was accepted -- Ratzenhofer was welcome into the village with open arms, even when he had goat-breath.

"Why?" thought Stillwater. "Why can he ravage the animals with impunity while I suffer great castigation? I must know."

He approached the hut of the wizened old capybara molester and prayed he would find the answers he so dearly needed.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 06:52 am
Laughing I await the next chapter with goated breath.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 06:58 am
Must have something to do with swamp water...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:48 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Laughing I await the next chapter with goated breath.

You ATE one of Gus's goats, cav?! OH NO! Shocked Shocked Shocked

(Or was it one of Mr. Stillwater's?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 04:03 pm
It was a fine curry. Behind the spice, I couldn't tell who it belonged to.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:12 am
You don't know where that goat has been, Cav! Well, now you do, and that makes things worse, I guess!

Anyway, I am enthralled. I didn't know that Mr. Stillwater lived near to Gus, but I guess that that would.. explain things.

0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:10 pm
Now I'm really worried.

Mr Stillwater lives near me (sorta). If Gus lives near him, then.....

aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:42 pm
OmyOmy, man the ramparts, margo! You'll have to bring in some tonnage of confetti bags...
0 Replies

Zxincubus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:45 am
Aaaah! There's a Gus in every forum I go to Shocked
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:07 am
Welcome to A2K Z-bus!!! We have a Gus, a truckload of cat-lovers and a feral South Australian bunny, just for starters!!! Surrender now, it saves us time......

Now, to the issue at hand. When anyone asks about the point where A2K 'jumped the shark', you can truthfully point to the moment when Gustav AND Stillwater accused each other of goat-fondling in the mountains... funny, I always thought it would be Slappy that managed to bring this place into disrepute....
0 Replies