Why does she intimidate me so much, why is it so hard to talk to her?

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:44 pm
There is this girl i find really attractive that goes to my school, The issue is, i hardly ever see her, we aren't in the same grade, and when i do see her i get so nervous. I know where her locker is and i know where one of her classes are but its meaningless if i can't even talk to her... I mean... she's literally almost everything i like in a girl. She has a pretty face, nice butt, and she dresses nicely, also as i watch her, it seems like she has a great personality. I just can't find the guts to talk to her because of how attractive she is. I feel like she's out of my league... I've always been portrayed as a bit of a dork and a loser.. and i really think she deserves someone of her caliber you know... I don't know what i should do next...

View best answer, chosen by Patrick454
Johnjohnjohn

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:50 pm
@Patrick454,
With due time, God can get you her.

Just ask for Him, then His help.

If He doesn't, then He saved you from a heartbreaking because she wasn't the one.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Quote:
"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you"
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:44 pm
@Patrick454,
This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket.

I am not saying you have to be a player, but you need to talk to lots of girls. Girls you find attractive, and girls that you don't. Truth is, you have no real clue about this girl's personality. You have a blank space, and you are filling it up with your fantasies. You want Little Miss Nice Butt to be kind and considerate. However, she might not be.

Or maybe she is. You'll never know unless you talk to her.

So, start small, and talk to people where the stakes are nowhere near as high. Get accustomed to breaking the ice and talking to people. You'll feel a LOT less like a dork and a loser.

BTW, if you feel that she somehow deserves someone else, who is smarter, handsomer, in better shape, a smoother talker, etc., then by not talking to her, that will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You never know until you try.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:01 pm
@Patrick454,
Hi.

Say hi.

Say hi to everyone.

Just say hi.

If you don't start talking you'll never get a yes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:28 pm
Also, many people with really great butts or pretty faces have turned out to be not right up there re human worth, as people vary.
0 Replies

Real Music
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 10:50 pm
@Patrick454,
You clearly sound like you are shy when talking to girls. That is normal for many teenagers. Your shyness is normal. The best way to overcome your shyness is by talking to other girls. As suggested by the other post, talk to girls that don't intimidate you. You are probably not ready or comfortable talking to a perfect 10. You need more practice to build up your confidence and get better regarding talking to girls. Try talking to multiple girls who you feel are more in your league. They may not be your ideal girls, but you will still get better over time with practice. Eventually you will find yourself talking to the girl of your dream with ease because of the experience you gained from talking to other girls. You are young. You just need practice.
0 Replies