They should have picked Dean.

Centroles

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 06:28 pm
tax cuts to the rich is a bunch of BS. and yes 80% of the bush's tax cuts went to the richest 20% of americans (almost all millionaires)

if you disagree, argue your case here...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29725&start=0
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 06:39 pm
Centroles - I think the NRA isn't impressed with Kerry. I can't support, but I remember something pretty well of how that's how he wants to be perceived, but in reality he isn't.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 08:49 am
RE: Taxes

Pick up "Perfectly Legal" and you'll see who really pays the taxes.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:02 am
Kerry is a hunter my ass.

http://www.kerryquotes.com/votingrecord.htm

Dubya hunts. Has all his life.

http://www.brittanygundogs.com/Lindell_Georgejr_Steve.gif
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:03 am
I hunt. I also know a bunch of f*cking idiots who go hunting.

So what if Bush or Kerry hunts? How does that matter in any way?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:09 am
I hope you do your best to train your f*ucking idiot friends how to be ethical hunters.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:14 am
heh. I didn't say they were my friends. But I do emphasize gun safety whenever I get a chance.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:17 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I hunt. I also know a bunch of f*cking idiots who go hunting.

So what if Bush or Kerry hunts? How does that matter in any way?

Cycloptichorn

Because there are an awful lot of hunters, anglers, and even trappers in the U.S. who vote with their sport in mind. That's how it matters.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
I guess so. There's nothing you can do to stop idiots from voting for a candidate for retarded reasons, so you can't really make an argument against this...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:21 am
You've just managed to explain why anyone would actually vote for Kerry.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
The Real Focus
What the issue really is is centered around the Second Amendment. The hunting is an offshoot (no pun intended). That, in many people's minds, is THE issue on which they'll make up their minds.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
Back to the discussion of tax cuts, would anyone actually care to challenge the assertion in this thread that the current round of tax cuts favors the rich big time?

Or should we stand around and make partisan jabs at each other some more? I'm game either way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:40 am
I'm no millionaire, but the child tax credit was one of the best bonuses I've recieved in a long time.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:43 am
Re the Second Amendment: I find it interesting that the NRA has succeeded in making it a "my way or the highway" issue. They define what the amendment means, and they define what it means to support the amendment.

Brilliant strategy for them, I guess, as they're awash in money and influence. And true believers, apparently, who think adherence to the NRA line determines who to elect president...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:46 am
Plus, they have all the guns. Lots of lobbying power there, yaknow?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 12:38 pm
I was excited to get $400 last year...

but I had to give it back this year. I'm still not sure what that was all about.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 01:53 pm
The child tax credit was $1000/child. $400/child was sent out by the feds last year. You should have been able to claim an additional $600/kid on your 2003 return. For me that worked out to $3000. My accountant daughter was mad because I spent some of it on a new TV. Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 01:59 pm
Oh, on the topic of hunters and anglers who vote, does anyone here know how big the hunting/fishing industry is in the U.S.? To be conservative, it is on a par with the auto industry. In the multiple billions/year.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 02:01 pm
The question is, should/do people vote for a candidate based on the fact that they enjoy the same recreational activities as they do?

I, for example, jog three times a week. The personal fitness industry is huge as well. But I wouldn't vote for a candidate based upon the fact that they jog as well....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
You might if you sold running shoes though, Al.
0 Replies