The Science Of Fox News

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 07:17 am
@Setanta,
https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afghanistan_%282001%E2%80%93present%29

revelette2

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 11:37 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Some would argue both Snowden and Assange are under control, or are at least much less effective.

Not US control. Besides it really doesn't matter anymore, Bin Laden is dead.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 03:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Once again, i was talking about Afghanistan, not Iraq. What a one trick pony!

I've already quoted the Wikipedia article to point out how many of the civilian casualties were caused by the Taliban. If you're going to post a link, it would help if you actually read it first.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 04:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
My point with Setanta is his nastiness and boorishness.

Ah-hahahahahahahahaha . . .

I love irony.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:37 am
I think Fox news is much than just a barely concealed arm of the republican party, they are responsible for much of hate mongering on almost any given subject going around.

The following is an example, there is much more almost continuously and this is all the news that a good deal of US population watch and listen to and believe.

Quote:
SEAN HANNITY (HOST): FBI director, the assistant FBI director, the U.S. director of intelligence, State Department spokesman. We have the Homeland Security committee chairman and others are all saying ISIS will infiltrate the refugee population. Now there are a thousand, they've all said that they will infiltrate.

JUAN WILLIAMS: What they said is that they have ongoing investigations.

HANNITY: No.

WILLIAMS: And it's possible. But the fact is, Sean --

HANNITY: Wait, wait, no, let me correct you.

WILLIAMS: All right.

HANNITY: They said that, and by the way I'll add to that General John Allen. They have all said that it is likely that ISIS will infiltrate the refugee population. They've all warned the president. Why is your president willing to gamble with the lives of American citizens in light of the fact that they were able to infiltrate in France? Why would you gamble with people's lives?

WILLIAMS: First of all, what happened in France were people who were holding European passports.

HANNITY: Excuse me. They were refugees who went to Belgium and then attacked France. Refugees.

WILLIAMS: No, no, these were people, in fact the prime bad guy was a child of Moroccan refugees who was born in Belgium.

HANNITY: You're missing the point. Why would we take in 10,000 refugees when you have General John Allen, America's top envoy coalition to defeat ISIS, the FBI director, the director of national intelligence, they're all saying they'll infiltrate. Why take that risk? Why gamble with American lives?

WILLIAMS: Because, guess what, this is a country based on the idea that we are compassionate. That we will take in the immigrants from other countries.

HANNITY: And when they attack and people die --

WILLIAMS: No, no.

HANNITY: When they attack like in Paris and people die, who has blood on their hands, Juan? Who has blood on their hands?

WILLIAMS: You are inspiring fear. Sean Hannity, you're inspiring fear and discrimination against people. This is like Jeb Bush saying, oh, yeah, take the Christians, not the Muslims. That is not America. That's some other place.

source

It is a highly liberal source, however, it does have links embedded on the page so the transcript is accurate.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 07:12 am
http://media.cagle.com/53/2015/11/30/172267_600.jpg
Baldimo

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
BLM is responsible for the death of how many cops this year?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 05:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

are we counting all the acts that are done because someone heard them say the wrong words, like we blame those who talk against abortion rights for Robert Lewis Dear?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 07:14 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Re: bobsal u1553115 (Post 6079105)

But you knew the answer to that before you asked. None.

How many unarmed, nonresisting blacks have been killed by cops this year?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
If you think people speaking out against abortion are at fault for the shooting in Colorado Springs, then BLM is responsible for killing cops after their threats to kill cops. Plain and simple.

Do you really think not a single cop killed in the last year was not the fault of BLM protests and their rhetoric? "Pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon"?

The next thing you will say is that there is no such thing as blacks committing hate crimes against whites.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 03:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Seriously. This is your final answer. That took the cake for the best way to obtusely evade answering the question I've heard in a long time.

The fact remains: when preachers say, "these people need killing", some nut wad shoots a bunch of mostly not even people he was gunning for.

Point out 1 dead cop that came out of anything BLM has ever said. Try sticking to the topic and the question just this once, please.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 03:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-trooper-death-black-lives-matter-backer-article-1.2360320

So since I found one, are you going to admit that the rhetoric by BLM led to the death of a LEO?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 08:19 am
@Baldimo,
The key word, "suspected". As in "not proven".
engineer

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 09:53 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

So since I found one, are you going to admit that the rhetoric by BLM led to the death of a LEO?

The rates of officers killed by gun violence is historically four per month around the country. Since BLM, that rate has been lower than average and 2015 is shaping up to be a record low year for police deaths in the line of duty. So far, the evidence is that BLM is adding to police safety.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 09:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Yet the Colorado Springs shooter is already guilty of being a right wing christian who went on a shooting spree due to rhetoric? Careful bob, your bias is showing again.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 09:59 am
@engineer,
Keep telling yourself that. There have been a # of LEO that have been ambushed and killed this year. "Pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon." Only your guys think this isn't rhetoric that leads to violence.
engineer

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 10:35 am
@Baldimo,
The question is whether this year is any different than any other year. So far, the answer is yes, it is better. You can't look a deaths in the line of duty and compare to zero because the answer has never been zero. It might be fun to some to blame all officer deaths on BLM, but there has not been an increase in officer deaths. The facts don't support your narrative.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 10:45 am
@engineer,
The question is how many less LEO deaths would there be this year if it wasn't for the BLM rhetoric?

If we have less and less gun deaths per year and that has indeed been the case, then why the continued call for more and more gun control? If after all the facts must be used then the facts are more guns then ever in the US but the death toll goes down. You are saying the #'s don't matter as long as they don't increase.
engineer

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 11:57 am
@Baldimo,
We don't have less and less gun deaths per year, just deaths of officers. Just want to look at deaths by gunfire? 2015 is completely in line with a typical year.

Quote:
You are saying the #'s don't matter as long as they don't increase.

No, not at all. I am saying if you want to say that X causes Y, where X is the BLM movement and Y is officer deaths, there is absolutely no evidence to support that. There has not been someone arrested who claims he was retaliating against police, there have been no politicians calling for the death of policemen, etc. Some hothead on the street may have said something but it is clearly not a widely held or broadcast position.

Remember, that nutcase muttering "no more dead baby parts" killed a policeman. Are you going to give that a pass?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 12:27 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
We don't have less and less gun deaths per year, just deaths of officers. Just want to look at deaths by gunfire? 2015 is completely in line with a typical year.

Using the total deaths per year from guns doesn't tell a story. There is no mention how many of these deaths were from self defense shootings, LEO shootings, suicides or just plain murders. Murders per year with a gun average about 11,000-13,000 per year and that # has dropped every year for the last 20+ years. So your stats on guns mean nothing without a break down. Not all deaths from guns are tragic and some actually save lives.

Quote:
No, not at all. I am saying if you want to say that X causes Y, where X is the BLM movement and Y is officer deaths, there is absolutely no evidence to support that. There has not been someone arrested who claims he was retaliating against police, there have been no politicians calling for the death of policemen, etc. Some hothead on the street may have said something but it is clearly not a widely held or broadcast position.

Just because they didn't claim it doesn't mean they didn't support it. Why else would they ambush a cop? Some hot head in the street? How about hundreds of people in the street chanting "Pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon"? You want to live in a double standard world but the world isn't letting you. Rhetoric kills according to you guys on the left and BLM has called for the killing of cops.

Quote:
Remember, that nutcase muttering "no more dead baby parts" killed a policeman. Are you going to give that a pass?

We have no idea what his motives were, and what makes you think I give anyone a pass who murders people? More of the left's BS blame game. If I don't support gun control laws, then I'm just as guilty of the murders as the person who pulled the trigger?