LGBTRelationship.Pregnancy.Cheating

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 07:28 pm
Ok. So long story short I'm a lesbian and my girlfriend went to a party got drunk ended up having sex with a guy and getting pregnant. I'm 16 and she's 16 .. Yes we are young and please try to understand this before you start judging. She's going to keep the baby and I support her (we worked out our problems ) she wants me to put my name on the birth certificate and I want to put my name. But parents wise we haven't told them she's pregnant yet and I wanted some advice.. Should I put my name?

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 07:33 pm
@AnonymousPerson123,
AnonymousPerson123 wrote:

... Should I put my name?

Only if you want to be one of the people the state goes after when it's time to get support for that kid. No, you are not the father (I'm not even so sure you could be put on the birth certificate in the first place, BTW).

You are both 16. The chances that you will stay together are vanishingly small. Instead, you are creating a presumption of parental connection.

And you haven't even told your parents yet.

I urge you to read this rather well-written article on a same-sex partner's name going on a birth certificate http://itsconceivablenow.com/2012/02/02/states-same-sex-couple-listed-childs-birth-certificate/

And then really think about what this could mean to your life in 20 or 30 years.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 07:33 pm
@AnonymousPerson123,
Long story short - the biological father needs to be informed.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:26 pm
@AnonymousPerson123,
I dont see any upside to doing this, but since you want to do it there must be such. Please list all the good reasons you can think of for why you should put your name on this birth certificate.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 06:27 am
@ehBeth,
Yep, he has rights in the matter, regardless of anybody's relationship status.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 10:27 am
@AnonymousPerson123,
Quote:
I'm 16 and she's 16

Neither of you is of legal age to be a parent with legal rights of an adult. you can't put your name on any birth certificate. Her parents need to be involved and need to know. The mature thing is for her to discuss this matter with them and ask for help.

She is too young to be a parent...perhaps..but clearly can't support a child on her own. The same-sex relationship is another issue entirely,
AnonymousPerson123

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 01:50 pm
@Ragman,
What do you mean "the same-sex relationship is another issue entirely". Is there a problem with us being in a Same sex relationship
ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 01:58 pm
@AnonymousPerson123,
The same sex relationship is irrelevant to the pregnancy and the rights and responsibility of the biological father.

It could be called a red herring.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 02:00 pm
@AnonymousPerson123,
Quote:
she wants me to put my name on the birth certificate and I want to put my name.

I'm pretty sure you legally can't put your name on the original birth certificate. You haven't taken any biological part in conceiving said child. The only people's name allowed on a birth certificate are the biological mother and father.

Plus you and your 'partner' are legally minors not legally emancipated from your parents.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 02:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you legally can't put your name on the original birth certificate. You haven't taken any biological part in conceiving said child. The only people's name allowed on a birth certificate are the biological mother and father.

Quote:
- A Florida judge has approved the adoption of a 22-month-old baby girl that will list three people as parents on her birth certificate -- a married lesbian couple and a gay man.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16889720-florida-judge-approves-birth-certificate-listing-three-parents?lite
Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 06:32 am
@hawkeye10,
This story is irrelevant to the circumstances of two 16-yr-old minors who are living with their parents and under their supervision.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 10:57 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

This story is irrelevant to the circumstances of two 16-yr-old minors who are living with their parents and under their supervision.

Are you claiming that 16 year olds who have babies have the birth certificate controled by the parents? (and seriously, that was a lazy post, which is why I am not clear on what you are trying to say) I gotta admit I have no personal experience with teenage birth birth certificates, so you could be right, but I very much doubt it. Do you have a links that supports your assertion?
0 Replies