Crush advice

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 04:25 pm
So, I like this girl at school. The (main) problem is I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me. She recently broke up with her boyfriend, but is thinking about going out with him again.
She sees me as a close friend, she calls me a 'gossip girl' as a joke as she asks about her relationships and what she should do, which is very awkward for me. We text quite often and have long conversations, but I usually start the conversation.
We are going to a concert together (she thinks as friends) in about 6 months, and also she is coming over to my house in 2 weeks (again as a friend). Just today, we got in a quite intimate and flirty conversation over text.
Now, here are some questions:
1. a) What should I do when she comes over? Should I act like a friend, flirt, or declare my love randomly and out of the blue?
b) how should I go about doing this?
2. a) What should I do when we go to the concert?
b) how should I go about doing this?
3. How can I make her see me as a potential boyfriend even if she has one? And how?
4. How likely is it that she had any feelings for me, and how can I increase this?
Also, at about 9:30-10:00pm if we're texting she says she has to go to bed. How can I make her stay up and talk to me for longer?
(Yes I know that's a lot of questions but I'm not very good at this so I need all the help I can get...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 614 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by jamesw1111
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:03 pm
@jamesw1111,
jamesw1111 wrote:
Should I declare my love

no

just no

she's not your girlfriend
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:04 pm
@jamesw1111,
jamesw1111 wrote:

3. How can I make her see me as a potential boyfriend even if she has one?

you can't and you should not even consider trying

just imagine that you could do it. you'd have to accept that any guy in the future will be able to do the same thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:45 pm
@jamesw1111,
jamesw1111 wrote:

4. How likely is it that she had any feelings for me

sounds like you are a friend

full stop
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 07:41 pm
@jamesw1111,
I strongly disagree with EhBeth.

Life is for living. If there is a chance for a relationship that will make you and her happy... then why not try?

Since you already have a friendship, I would just be honest and direct and tell her you have feelings for her and you would like to see if you could have more than a friendship. I wouldn't play any games and I wouldn't do anything to pressure her. And, if she says "no" clearly then I would accept that as an answer.

She may say "no" right away. Or she may say it is possible in the future but she wants to develop a friendship for now. Or she may say "yes". Who knows?

Why not take a chance?

0 Replies

Real Music
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 11:48 pm
@jamesw1111,
First don't declare your love for her. That's too much for her to take in all of sudden. I suggest when you see her give compliments and see how she responds. Tell her how you like her smile. Tell her how nice her hair looks. Compliment her on all the things that you like about her. Things like her eyes, her outfit, her laugh, and anything else that you like about her. If she displays appreciation to your compliments she just might start looking at you in a different way. You just might gradually move out of the friendship zone into something more.
0 Replies