Think your vote doesn’t count?

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:00 am
Think your vote doesn’t count?

In the southern Dallas County city of Wilmer, every voted really counted. That’s because the one person who bothered to vote decided the election on five bond issues. All Wilmer residents will be bound by the decision of one person.

This means the mayor and city council didn’t bother to vote. These were municipal utility district propositions, so members of the MUD board didn’t vote. Well, maybe one did.

Early voting lasted two weeks and then polling places were staffed on Election Day and those people didn’t vote.

Now that’s democracy really at work.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/vote-count-10207859.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,465 • Replies: 4

djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:08 am
i believe every vote counts, that's why i advocate that everyone vote early and vote often
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:25 am
@djjd62,
A Chicago voter, I see. Remember: death does not excuse you from your patriotic duty to vote.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 11:57 am
@djjd62,
I live in Massachusetts. In a general election my vote truly doesn't count.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Don't you believe it. It at least gives you the chance to have made something AND most impotantly it gives you a chance at the Thanksgiving table to have the right criticize all the Democrats you hate. You paid your dues.
0 Replies