No contact. Im heartbroken

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:26 am
Where to begin? I'll try to keep this short. I have been having an affair with a man for a year. Everything was perfect about our relationship Except we were both in long term relationships with children involved. His girlfriend found out about us about a month ago. She found letters and pictures of us together. She contacted me and I denied everything, I didn't want to make his life hell. Well, as any girlfriend would she persisted on me telling her the truth. I continue to deny everything for him until I found out that everything I had known about him was a lie. Out of the angry over all the lies and deceit, I admitted everything to her. I did it to hurt him because he had hurt me so deeply. Now he won't speak to me at all and I have had absolutely no contact with him for 5 weeks. I am very much aware that this is for the best and no contact has to happen. But I cannot stop thinking about him and I cannot get over him. What do I do now? I feel guilty for telling his girlfriend and I feel like he might hate me. That's what I can't deal with. Do I try to contact him or do I let him be and carry on with his life?

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:33 am
@LOST2015,
Keep your nose out of this business.

Stay out of the drama.

Get counseling if this bothers you. Build a life without him, one where you don't try to reopen old wounds for no good reason.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:46 am
@LOST2015,
LOST2015 wrote:
I cannot get over him.

yes you can

you have to make the decision to do so and then actually do it

wallowing does not help after the first couple of hours

if necessary, get counselling to figure out why you had the affair and to move yourself forward

tell your partner so they can fairly decide if they still want to be with you
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:30 am
@LOST2015,
Whatever was missing from your primary relationship still can be worked on, can't it? you never broke that off so there may still be some hope, right?

You mentioned children, are you saying that you have children yourself?

What you do now is to continue on with your life before you met him. Whatever positive activities and direction you had in your life before, you can re-dedicate yourself to that growth now. Eliminate him from your thoughts and life. In time, this hurt and obsession will fade off.

Eventually, that relationship was doomed to end -especially because the person who he said he was, is a lie. You were involved with someone who was not real. The picture that he wanted to paint to you was not a real person. Focus now in your life on what is real and what is positive for yor growth.

In the future, you might want to follow this quote: "Trust but verify."
I wish you good healing and good luck.
0 Replies

LOST2015

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 10:33 am
@LOST2015,
Thank you guys! It's good to know that I can speak about this without being ripped apart and being labeled as a homewrecker. Let me be a little more clear about my current situation. I do share one daughter with my current partner. We have been together for 8 years and for the most part have had a pretty healthy and normal relationship. When the affair began I didn't even realize that I was unhappy in my current relationship. My partner found out about the affair 6 weeks prior to his girlfriend finding out about the affair. I obviously chose to stay with my partner and keep my family together. Once i made that decision in July, I never seen him again. However we would still talk regularly. It was like he couldn't let go, he would text or call everyday. Once all his lies were exposed, I stayed extremely angry for a couple of weeks. Now I find myself making excuses for him and all the lies. I am no longer angry I'm hurt, the healing process has just began. I don't know how to deal with the overwhelming feeling of grief. I know he is in damage control and can't call or have any contact with me without risky his family. After all he has done, I can't believe I'm even finding myself wondering if he will ever try to make contact with me again.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 10:37 am
@LOST2015,
LOST2015 wrote:
I obviously chose to stay with my partner and keep my family together.

<snip>

After all he has done, I can't believe I'm even finding myself wondering if he will ever try to make contact with me again.

does your partner know that you are still curious about/interested in the other man?

have you started counselling?
LOST2015

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 11:27 am
@ehBeth,
I think he has a pretty good idea I'm suffering from the lose of him. I haven't directly told him. However, its pretty clear, my emotions are all over the place.I'm sad and cry a lot. I haven't began counseling, although I am considering it. I keep pushing contacting a therapist back, thinking once I get past the initial withdrawal process I will begin to feel better.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 11:59 am
@LOST2015,
It's been a month since your ex's gf contacted you.

Time to move on - sounds like you need help from a counsellor.

Be honest with your partner. You've already bullshitted him enough.
0 Replies