How to leave???

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 03:08 am
I posted on here about a month ago that my partner cheated on me and i didnt know what to do.

My question is, i dont know how to leave my relationship?

He is not forcing me to stay or anything. Its just hard for me to fully leave and carry on with my life. As i am 4months pregnant with our first child as a couple. He has 2 daughters to his ex. Who he cheated on me with a month ago. I have tried to rebuild our relationship since he ruined it. I still love him deeply but i have huge trust issues and know staying in this relationship is not going to help me for the future. All the emotions and hurt is getting me nowhere. My partner knows im still really hurting as if it happened yesterday. And said he wants to stay together, after what he done he now realises it me he wants to be with, it wont happen again.. Blahblah.. But his actions dont show me what come out of his mouth. Hes always gaming, hanging with cousins, the bros. Always spending time with his daughters which i encourage alot but we havent had one quality day together to show me things have changed. (Not one day since he cheated)

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 05:46 am

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 07:24 am
@Korachanc,
Call your family. Eat a little humble pie and ask them if you can come back to live, or if they can help you find a place close by where you can live.

If it's too far/you have a job you can't leave, then ask about the counseling option through your benefits at work (most larger companies have that).

If that is not an option, then talk to your church or synagogue and ask them to help you. Religious institutions often operate as social safety nets.

If all of that fails, contact Social Services in your area. Yes, you're going to apply for Welfare. Better than starving, though, eh?
Korachanc

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 03:40 pm
@jespah,
Hey. Even though im pregnant im still working for as long as i can. I always pay my way. The house we live in is both mine n my partners but the bond is mine. I flatted with my mate before she moved out n my partner and one of his daughters (whos in his custody) moved in with me. I dont want to break up n leave the house n take the bond n get me n baba a new one because my partner and his daughter will have no place. (His only option would be his mums if her partner lets them) but hes the on that mucked everything up, over a drunk night n cheating n im the one that feels guilty for leaving them homeless when i done nothing wrong
jespah

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 04:06 pm
@Korachanc,
Don't feel bad. He's a big boy and can take care of himself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 04:14 pm
@Korachanc,
Korachanc wrote:
because my partner and his daughter will have no place.

that is not your responsibility. Your ex-partner needs to sort himself out. You are not his caretaker.

Your responsibility is for yourself and the child you will be having.

You don't have to leave your home - he needs to leave. Give him a deadline to find other housing.

After he leaves, you can sort out what kind of long-term relationship you are going to have with the other parent of your child. He is going to have to hustle to figure out how he will be helping to provide for three children.

It sounds awful, but I think he needs a large box of condoms as a moving-out gift so he doesn't create any more children. He doesn't work regularly, doesn't have his own home and is about to be the father of three.
0 Replies

Korachanc

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 11:20 pm
@Korachanc,
I dont get it. We been together 2yrs. He did this a month ago. But it took him this one thing to fully cut ties with his ex, why could he not have cut ties before he cheated
jespah

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 07:55 am
@Korachanc,
Because he's a jerk.

There's your answer and your closure.

Seriously, answers are overrated. Just get done what needs to be done, and worry about the whys and wherefores later (hint: they won't matter).
0 Replies