A like or else?

karen85

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 05:19 am
This guy is a diner floor manager. I just want to know if I'm a friend or more.
1)He remembers me after 3 months absence.
2)He always greets me in an obvious way.
3)He always comes by and not only check on the order but he chats with me about general topics.
4)He shows me that he wants me to be near him. He dislikes when I sit outdoor.
5)He stalls my order or let me wait for the check like 15 minutes or even doesn't get me all my order once. (He said it out loud in front of my family that he did it on purpose)
6)He invited me in a casual way to the launching of a new menu item before publishing it.
7)He notices if I come frequently and infrequently (sometimes) and he always asks about it.
8)When we talk to each other he leaves everything. Even needy customers.

The inconvenients:
1) He never spoke to me on facebook or took my phone number.
2) He ignored my presence twice, once after I added him on facebook (I did it after I lied about forgetting his name)
3)He's been in a relationship but I hardly notice any action or pictures of both of them together.

8)When we talk, he ignores people. He even once refused to give the menu
to new comers. He asked for a waiter to do so. Even though he was near the counter.
8)He went blank when my friend lied and told him that I don't remember his name.

For the inconvenients:
1)He didn't ask for my number nor added me on facebook. I added him after the "forgotten his name" scene.
2)He ignored that I was there once. I was with my girlfriend.(the time after I added him on facebook)
3)He apparently isn't a "liker" on facebook

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 10:20 am
@karen85,
sounds like he thinks of you as a good customer

he treats you like someone he wants to see again - as a customer

he's doing his job
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 10:37 am
Seems like it's up to you to get your question answered.

Ask him out after work or if he'd like to go to a movie. His answer will tell you whether he is interested or just being nice to a customer.

karen85

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 02:08 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thank u for your reply Smile but I don'thave the nerves to do this. He is in a relationship and I don't like being rejected. If I ask him and declines then we will have akward moments from now on. Maybe I can do it in a different way. Perhaps suggesting him a challenge between the two of us. I hope that will happen Smile
karen85

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 02:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Well perhaps you are right. But he is not the only manager there. Not one of them behaved like that before. I've been a customer there for 10 years now. Even my friends found it unusual.
thank you for you reply 😊
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 02:17 pm
@karen85,
karen85 wrote:
He is in a relationship

in that case, all of this is unimportant

he is in a relationship. full stop.

leave him alone. if you are obsessing about him, find another place to go.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 02:18 pm
@karen85,
karen85 wrote:
Perhaps suggesting him a challenge between the two of us. I hope that will happen Smile

no

he is in a relationship

be polite but otherwise leave him alone
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 02:22 pm
@karen85,
My guess is he likes you. A lot. Probably attracted to you.

But not enough to risk either his relationship or his finances. It's a dead end in either case.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 03:05 pm
@karen85,

Deep Breathe.

No need to re-count these over and over and over and over and over in your head anymore.

He is in a Relationship. If you've been going there for 10 years you are not a kid. Stop acting like one. Sorry.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 03:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

He is in a Relationship. If you've been going there for 10 years you are not a kid. Stop acting like one. Sorry.

excellent
0 Replies

karen85

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you for your reply. But u misunderstood. I don't know him for 10 years. He has been working there only for a year. But he works in a different branch every couple of months.
karen85

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:55 pm
@Leadfoot,
Thank you for your reply. But what did you mean about finances?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 05:56 pm
@karen85,
I didn't misunderstand, you've been going there for 10 years.

That makes you old enough to know that if someone is in a relationship, then they are not available.

You are also being obsessive, you are listing things down 1-10. Do you not love yourself enough. You don't need to list anything, you establish if they are available, no, cross that one off. If they are available, trust me they will come to you and you can then decide if they are worth getting to know or not.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 06:03 pm
@karen85,
He's not going to risk his job (finances) by messing around with a customer.

Move on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 06:04 pm
@karen85,
karen85 wrote:
I've been a customer there for 10 years now.
0 Replies