Late/No period, brown spotting, getting hot flashes etc ??

Ayla

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 04:36 am
I'm kinda worried because of what's happening right now.
I'll be going to my doctor soon but since all he'll do is do some tests or just tell me it's probably a fever and to wait and see if it happens again, I went here to see if someone has had something like this too.

I did a pregnancy test, and that came out negative. I already doubted pregnancy was the cause of this, I take the pill and never missed one.
Also my periods have always come around the same time for a whole year , so when it's 3 days late now that's also slightly worrying.

But it started about a week ago, my abdomen was visibly bloated for 2 days.
I started to have to pee a lot more, and actually pee large amounts almost every time too. And sometimes, like when I sneeze, a little bit comes out.
Then I started having hot flashes, sudden colds, sweats, sometimes it seemed all at once.
I've also been less able to concentrate, my head just feels too tired and confused, and I randomly got kinda emotional a few times the last few days which is also unusual for me.
The ringing sound I already had in my ears all the time seems worse sometimes now, especially 5-10 minutes after I go to bed.
I've been feeling a bit down the last few days too, but that just happens sometimes so doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

Of course I then googled all these symptoms I have, and one of the first things I saw was menopause. Now I'm not immediately assuming something this severe would be happening to me until I know for sure, but it does worry me. And most of the symptoms are the same.

This morning I woke up and there was just a little bit of brown blood, and since I wiped it off there hasn't came any more of it. So it's not like my usual period.

Has anyone else here had something like this? Was it menopause, or maybe something else ?

jespah

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 06:55 am
@Ayla,
How old are you?

BTW, it might not be just what you're quickly dismissing. Note - I am not a doctor - but you may be checked for ovarian/uterine cysts, as they can sometimes bleed and they can also swell.
Ayla

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 07:13 am
@jespah,
Thanks for your reply.
I am only 19, so I know early menopause would seem very unlikely. But I've read about it happening to people my age sometimes, so it's not impossible.

I'm not sure what you mean by "it might not be just what you're quickly dismissing".

That might be a good idea, though I don't bleed between periods so I doubt it's cysts
ehBeth

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 08:22 am
@Ayla,
It could be something as simple as a low-grade infection.

It could be something much more serious.

It is a good thing that you will be seeing your doctor to have tests and discuss this.
0 Replies

SumitaSofat

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:39 am
@Ayla,
Yeah it is a menopause....Confirm your doctor..
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 25 Mar, 2016 08:37 pm
@Ayla,
Ayla wrote:

I take the pill and never missed one.
Also my periods have always come around the same time for a whole year , so when it's 3 days late now that's also slightly worrying.

I wondered about what you meant by the above.

If you haven't missed any BC pills, should your period arrive at a very set time after you've taken your months allotment?

At least that's how it was with me.

Agreeing with the others, you're doctor needs to be consulted.

Do you also have a mother, or other female relative who is experienced that you can talk to?
0 Replies