snash

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:26 am
I have been engaged for 3 years, i was suppose to be married by now but i have postponed it twice. The first was due to my fiance wasn't working and the second time i didn't trust he would keep his job after we married. The good news is he is still working and loves his job. A few month ago we had an arguement over mis trust and he socked me in the face, i think i forgave him but can't forget and scared it may happen again. Well last night he asked me when we are getting married and i said one day and he wants to get married now, am im wrong for being concerned or should i set a date maybe that would cut down on the tension what are your thoughts?

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:29 am
@snash,
You put it off for good reason. Now you have a better reason to not only put it off, but to end it.

This will not get better unless he gets treatment.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 12:25 pm
@snash,
Why would you even think of marrying a guy who socked you?

I strongly hope you stop the engagement and get away from him, and find a support system, possibly a local woman's shelter to talk to, as they tend to know the ropes about this stuff. You might want to seek counselling about how to move ahead in your life.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 12:51 pm
@snash,
The two of you have trust issues and he thinks it is alright to sock you in the face when you argue? Neither of these things bodes well for a successful long term relationship.

He needs to get help for his anger issue and you both need to have a discussion about your trust issues. Neither problem will go away by simply ignoring it, or by getting married. Solve them before you commit.
snash

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 06:38 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thank you for your comment I really appreciate it, God Bless
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 07:00 pm
@CoastalRat,
She needs to get into her trust issues?

He socked her.

She needs to get away, fast.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 03:27 pm
@snash,
It's wonderful to have the feeling, being engaged. The picket fence, the dream, income and finances great, his smile when you walk in the door, the flowers for no reason, the words I love you and can't wait to marry you, the butterflies .

None of this you feel right? Except the dream part.

He's out there for you snash, stop wasting more time on this guy.

No guy hits a woman, no guy, trust your gut instinct for the 3rd time and don't waste another year of your life, the above is true, it happens, it's real, weddings are real. You just need that "right" person for you.
0 Replies