How do you like your coffee?

New Haven

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 03:49 pm
I love caffeine. But right now I'm restricted to decaf to keep the stimulation down. Embarrassed
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 03:50 pm
I like my coffee hot and black, the same way I like my women.

Hello New Haven. Why do you choose to ignore me?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:20 am
Understandable, New Haven, that you want to reduce stimulation now, what with the terror alerts coming all the time. It's enough to drive one from caffeine to a soporific.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:48 am
I like instant coffee Red Mug® of Nestlé: 1½ teaspoonfuls of coffee, 2 teaspoonfuls of sugar, all the rest is hot water.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:05 pm
Hot, dark, strong, but not bitter, if its bad I throw it away. . . . lately I've been sticking to tea though. . . . earl grey is great in the morning
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:10 pm
On a related note (?), the local news has an item on Playboy wanting to do a feature (ahem) on women who work at Starbucks. The coffee giant is not happy, as you may well imagine...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:14 pm
I've had a couple of days without coffee/caffeine and wow what a difference! Although, truth be told, I was in pain (had oral surgery and couldn't drink hot liquids for a while). I usually have one medium coffee a day (hazelnut flavor with plenty of milk, no sugar) at work. I don't drink coffee at weekends - too lazy to make it myself. But I do love coke and drink plenty of sodas, so I get lots of caffeine that way.

I have noticed a change however today, in that I feel excellent. I was off my coffee (and sodas) for four days and I am feeling chipper. Or could that be the painkillers working? Hmmm .....

Plus I should probably take into consideration that I have not been eating much for the few days either!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:54 pm
Hmmm, D'art -- am picturing lots of foamy steamed milk. (The gf used to manage a Starbucks, back in the day; don't think I'll tell her about this business opportunity...)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:57 pm
It will be interesting to see how this plays out, patiodog. Starbucks, I'm sure, wants to retain a squeaky-clean corporate image. Which, come to think of it, is sort of true for Playboy, as well...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:59 pm
You've got a lot going on there, Heeven, between the lack of coffee, the pain killers and the lack of food. Would be hard to isolate one factor. Though I know that when I cut out the booze, I feel remarkably fresh the next morning. Almost makes me want to do that routinely. Well, maybe not...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 01:01 pm
Who said that they pity people who don't drink because when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day? I've seen it variously attributed (mainly to people who died prematurely)...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:39 am
Just read that quote, apparently it's from Frank Sinatra!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 10:07 am
Ah. I've seen it attributed to Humphrey Bogart and Bob Hope, too...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 05:11 am
Well, Ol' Blue Eyes was over 80 when he died, and Bob Hope is still alive and kicking, older than the Swiss Alps... How old do you have to be to die "prematurely"?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 06:12 am
I love cream, sugar and caffeine in my coffee. Good way to develop heart disease, I'm afraid.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 10:32 am
Hey, you show me Bob Hope kicking anything these days, I'll give you a medal.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:11 am
Yeah, the "alive and kicking" image may be a bit of a stretch for Mr. Hope these days...
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 01:13 pm
I'm lucky I always feel great in the morning. It's 5pm when I need something to give me a boost. Any kind of strong coffee candy is great for that little boost until dinner. I follow it with a bottle of nice clear cool water. Simple and easy and I can be walking around while doing it.
0 Replies