Human DNA Found In 66% Of Vegetarian Hot Dogs

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 04:59 pm
The World Health Organization is bad-mouthing prepared meats. They can have my bacon when they take the skillet from my cold, dead hands.
maxdancona
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 05:27 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
They can have my bacon when they take the skillet from my cold, dead hands.

Prying food out of someone's cold dead hands would explain the presence of human DNA.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 05:29 pm
@maxdancona,
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
0 Replies

SumitaSofat

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 02:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
This is nice post you have created. Well written.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 03:21 am
If human DNA is found in vegetarian hot dog is it then really a vegetarian hot dog?
saab

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 03:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
http://www.stocksundsgruppen.se/webroot/cedergrenska_tornet/images/randomTop/julborden/julbord_top2.jpg
On a Swedish julbord - Christmas smorgasbord - when it is large belongs a decorated pig´s head. Also ham, liverpate and in the old days pork´s feet in aspic.
Once upon a time people used everything from the animals and nothing was thrown out.
I know people who used to eat brain, others who love heart and I have tried it myself. Some like kidnies - which I do not.
In Switzerland -do not know the English name - under the cow which you use to milk the cow.
One dish in old days was - lungmos - made out of lungs from calves.
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:42 am
@saab,
The word you're looking for is udder--and pressed cow's udder is mentioned in old texts in Anglo-Saxon as a delicacy.
saab

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:45 am
@Setanta,
Thanks
I did not find it much of a delicacy. Kind of jumped from of side of the mouth to the other with little taste.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:00 pm
@saab,
Quote:
If human DNA is found in vegetarian hot dog is it then really a vegetarian hot dog?

How close to vegetarian does it need to be?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:03 pm
@saab,
Sounds mostly pretty darn good to me, I've never eaten lungs knowingly, though I've eaten tons of generic "hot dogs" here in the US. Lungs can't have been the worst of potential ingredients.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:05 pm
@saab,
I don't care for tongue: the mouth feel is unpleasant with the texture too much like biting your own tongue.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:22 pm
@saab,
My ex husband and I had a dear friend who was a connoisseur of major proportions (he was a little heavy in weight too). I miss him still. He was my husband's professor in some classes and I was between them in ages and we all liked food and Harvey didn't drive... so over a lot of years we went to many restaurants in the Los Angeles area.. thus I have tried brain (don't remember it, but I don't think I hated it), heart (my mother used to cook them and I liked them well enough), and kidneys (our vietnamese cook friend used them when he did what he called "country cooking". Tasty enough. Sweetbreads (thymus or pancreas), I think I remember trying it, probably from Harvey's plate.

I've seen a whole pig on a table, complete with apple in mouth if I remember. Where was that? Now I'd have to look at my diary, but in Tuscany somewhere.

No lungs in my past, or udders, or testicles on a plate. I'll pass..
I'm mixed on all this, particularly if the animals are treated poorly, which a huge percentage are. Maybe not so much so in europe, but I don't know the data.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Ah, my mother the bostonirish person used to cook corned beef tongue with a sugar syrup. I liked the meaty part a lot, but not the more fatty slices. Picky, I was.

I think I took a photo once of a stall in a market piazza that had, say, ten large tongues hanging from a rack. I bet he sold out....
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:34 pm
@ossobuco,
There was a guy who posted on the Abuzz site who knew a lot about food - Vincent. I remember him writing about eating different kinds of offal, including testicles. I was sorry that he never came over to a2k.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
...and I really do not care for something somebody else already had in his/her mouth,
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I looked for lungmos in English but did not find any recepie,
Was very suprised myself to find several pages in Swedish.
Thought it was a dish no longer in use. At least a bit in English
Forget eating, most Americans haven’t even seen or heard of a dish made from lung meat. In the United States, it is uncommon to consume the lungs of cattle and many of its internal organs (offal). In fact, the only way you can get hold of lungs is by buying an entire animal although I didn’t find any federal regulations against selling lung meat.

Lungs, often referred to as “lights”, are savored in many other parts of world. Scottish haggis or lungmos (mashed lung) are savory pudding made of lungs, beuschel is traditional lung stew in Vienna, Zuppa di Polmone is Italian lung soup, and also popular in Indonesia and Malaysia is paru, which is fried lung coated with turmeric and other spices.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:14 am
@ossobuco,
When I grew up tongue was often served as a very fine dinner.
Here a picture of tongue in sherry sauce
http://www.icakuriren.se/Images/Icakuriren/Cache/280/0/108_3016.jpg
roger

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:23 am
@saab,
I had no idea you were one of the "foodies' on the forum.
saab

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:59 am
@roger,
roger
I certainly aint.
I do not discuss how to cook, I look up something and make it. I am not interested in one or two spones of Remy Martin on top of the icecream.
Last week I had guest.
1. they love Italian food, so I made something Danish. Leverpate with walnuts and sallad. Then meat with vegetables for dessert cheeseplatter.
Next day one person. served leftovers from the day before for this pizzaloving person. No entre, but with caramalized potatoes and a Danish dessert.
3. Two ladies - served what most people love: a small Danish cold platter
see below
4 5 oclock tea
https://oldiesskriftrulle.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/dscn3734.jpg?w=584&h=438
saab

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 04:01 am
@saab,
PS
Danish platter is my favorite. There is no limit to the fantasy nor to the colorcombination nor the time of the year