Take Serious Note Of This

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:33 am
and don't let our country be hijacked 4 years in a row....

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/28/politics/campaign/28vote.final.html?ei=5006&en=b992e2c2cfb441c3&ex=1091592000&partner=ALTAVISTA1&pagewanted=print&position=
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,029 • Replies: 97
No top replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:38 am
Re: Take Serious Note Of This

It is always great to be able to understand the lexicon of the Left Wing. I just learned that "lost" means "hijacked" in Leftwingnutese.
Thanks. :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:42 am
So, due to poor IT management, the machines are flawed?

Sounds like someone should be fired, not that machines need to be replaced.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:50 am
Oh my, Bi. I read somewhere that Florida should have supervisors from other countries oversee the voting process. Often I think it would be a good thing when presidential elections are as close as they were last time around, both candidates should sit in the oval office until electronic failures can be sorted out. Sorta like a Biumvirate. <smile>
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:58 am
I've been fighting for this for years, as everybody should be, and have posted same on these boards. It's not a simple IT issue, McG. We MUST have a paper trail, not a voting system where a 13 year old hacker, among others, could throw the presidential election of the United States of America off course.
Hijacked is the appropriate word.
It would be utterly stupid to accept such a system, left or right!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:02 am
thise whole election process is un-necessary and inefficient anyway, lets just do away with it. We keep ending up with people like Clinton and Bush getting elected so obviously the outcome is not worth the effort.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:35 am
I could almost agree with that one Dys. Maybe you are on to something there. Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:40 am
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
I've been fighting for this for years, as everybody should be, and have posted same on these boards. It's not a simple IT issue, McG. We MUST have a paper trail, not a voting system where a 13 year old hacker, among others, could throw the presidential election of the United States of America off course.
Hijacked is the appropriate word.
It would be utterly stupid to accept such a system, left or right!

Baloney it's not a simple IT job.

Even the goofiest sysop knows to backup your important files. I believe that election data would qualify as "important" The machines did and do exactly what they are told to do. And as far as a 13 year old hacker, if that's the case, then again, the IT infrastructure has simply failed to provide a safe and secure environment.

The same could have happened if the "paper trail" catches fire.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:40 am
Why not, if we have to use electronic voting, give each voter a receipt, just like at an ATM?
Otherwise, it's unacceptable. Completely unacceptable.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
To you. What does a peice of paper really mean anyways? are you suggesting that a 13 year old couldn't photocopy or photoshop a peice of paper?
0 Replies

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:00 am
Why do you have a problem with voters being able to verify their votes?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:07 am
I don't. You are fighting to not use computer voting machines and I think that's silly. Your fears for "election fraud" are unfounded.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:17 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can hardly believe you said that! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:29 am
McG. Something went wrong last election, don't you think? I noticed that expats in Europe and other places are rallying to register. This may well be the deciding factor in 2004. I suppose that we can do nothing about election fraud. Man invents, and then the inventions control him.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:36 am
What went wrong? People were using punch cards that were hard to understand (apparently) instead of computer voting machines. In a close election like that, I would think that a better, easier to use device would be not only required, but wanted.

There was no election fraud other than some people are not capable of the simplistic act of voting correctly.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:46 am
Sorry, McG. There are people at the voting places that are available to those who are confused about the ballot. The contention in many places, was that people on their way to vote were detained. Come on now. Even you must admit that things were a little "iffy". You nor I nor anyone wants a tainted election.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:48 am
Letty wrote:
Sorry, McG. There are people at the voting places that are available to those who are confused about the ballot. The contention in many places, was that people on their way to vote were detained. Come on now. Even you must admit that things were a little "iffy". You nor I nor anyone wants a tainted election.

many people could care less if the election is tainted as long as their boy and I mean boy is in. Many on these threads. Letty, you are wasting your breath.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:55 am
McGentrix wrote:
There was no election fraud other than some people are not capable of the simplistic act of voting correctly.

False.

One million votes didn't count in the 2000 presidential election
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:04 am
OMG, did you even read that article PDiddie? What a bunch of horse dung! Greg Palast is a noted ultra-liberal author and the slant of his "journalism" hardly makes him a balanced source. Not that that should matter. He brings up some interestin points.

Why is it the black voters weren't successful? Palast blames the people counting the votes. I assume he means the people that run the polling locations. Now, who are these people? Where I live, it's usually a bunch of old women who like to talk to every one who live in the community that the polling location is in. Is it different in Florida? Did Jeb hire the job out to the KKK? What about the millions of black votes that were counted? How was it that they were able to successfully vote?

again, no election fraud.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:36 am
McGentrix wrote:
again, no election fraud.

Again, false.

Your inability to accept the facts about various subjects (let's just point out your continuing belief that WMD have been discovered; there's lots more examples) simply makes everything you post in this forum questionable.

You're as blind a partisan as they come.

Moreso than any poster here (well, except for swolf) you consistently demonstrate a willful and blinding ignorance of the truth that would be laughable were it not so pathetic.

Pull your head outta yer ass, son. You're smarter than this.
0 Replies