Pinky1

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:43 pm
I have been dating someone who is in the navy and has gone out to sea, but has told me he needs time to think. I just want to text him to let him know how I feel do you think this is okay to do? Please help

najmelliw

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:45 pm
@Pinky1,
If you say that he needs time to think, I'd suggest you'd let him have some. Don't text him and tell him about your feelings in that case. It'll probably do more bad than good.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:47 pm
@Pinky1,
Listen to his words, not your heart. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
0 Replies

Pinky1

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:48 pm
@najmelliw,
I have but I just feel like I need to tell him
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:53 pm
@Pinky1,
No you "want" to tell him, through fear that if you don't he may not return to you.

Before he left, did you look into his eyes, laugh, hold him, love him? I would say that you did.

I would say he knows your feelings. Being in the Navy can scare some guys, you know, what is she up to? What if she meets someone else while I am away. Best thing to do is give him what he has asked for when he contacts you, make him smile, laugh and know you are there. As time goes by and he sees you are still there he'll be fine. If, he feels you have been too over the top, too clingy, then that's a different issue as to why he wants to think. If that's the case telling him is the worse thing you can do. Like I said, you know he knows how you feel.
Pinky1

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:18 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
We didn't see each other before he went away as we live a while from each other and this is all fairly new as we met on an online dating site. But we had a conversation that we would progress this into a releationship when he is home, but now while he has been away he says he needs to think.
najmelliw

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:27 pm
@Pinky1,
Pinky1 wrote:

We didn't see each other before he went away as we live a while from each other and this is all fairly new as we met on an online dating site. But we had a conversation that we would progress this into a releationship when he is home, but now while he has been away he says he needs to think.

Then most certainly don't text him, at least if you don't want this budding relationship to blow up in your face. If he needs time to think, give him that. Odds might be if you text him he might feel you don't give him enough space, or are too clingy or something.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:32 pm
@Pinky1,
How much time have you spent together in person?
Pinky1

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:35 pm
@ehBeth,
No a lot to be honest, but we have spoken on the phone and text a lot and say we want this to work when he is home etc
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:36 pm
@Pinky1,
ok

so leave him alone while he's away

let him think about things

do not text him about your feelings

___

move on with your life

if you're available when he comes back and if he's interested, think about it

0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 05:12 pm
@Pinky1,
Quote:
I have but I just feel like I need to tell him

If this happens a lot, it might explain why he says he needs "time to think".
0 Replies

shawn77bird

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:50 pm
@Pinky1,
urges is like neediness [dealbreaker,asking for time is saying he wants space.back off and give him space[Too often I see girls smothering or nagging a guy when he doesn’t do what they want him to. That always results in the guy becoming more withdrawn. After all, why would he want to commit himself more to a girl who’s nagging him already, right at the beginning of a relationship!

So to answer your question, I don’t think this guy is a screwball at all. Like most guys, he’s probably just figuring his situation out and simultaneously figuring out if a relationship with you is really what he’s looking for. I think he’s a normal guy and I think you are NOT handling the situation well.When it comes to people, it doesn’t matter what you think people should respond to – it only matters what they actually do respond to. If you like this guy, go with what seems to be working best with him – give him space and let him put the effort in. Less work for you, too.

Hope that helps.
-
0 Replies