If Bush loses the elections.....

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:47 am
....I will have to make a one-time return to the respected sport of boisterous mooning.

It may be hard to tell as I'm determined not to let politics get me down (and since I think Bush will win allowing politics to be a big part of my day-to-day life would mean I'd be very down), but I really do want Bush out of office.. and badly.

I came back to the US for a reason, and politics wasn't it. So I've been busy working on my goals and largely treating politics as a purely intellectual matter and segmenting it from my life.

I've long been predicting a comfortable win, but in the last few months I've been starting to question it little by little based on my observations.

After the first day of the Dem convention I imagined a Dem victory for the first time. Well not the first time but the first time I imagined it and actually thought it was within realistic reach.

It's 4:30 AM and I almost let out a whoop, and I realized that if Bush loses I'm not gonna be able to stifle it. I'll probably drive around town with my bare ass out the window* honking wildly.

*Don't ask how, the answer is always just a variation of "veeeery carefully" or "it's an aquired skill".

I still don't think the Dems will win, heck I'll probably think they have an even smaller chance when Kerry's speaking at the convention instead of Clinton. And the current administration's political strategy has been clever, their convention may well rewrite the makeover Clinton did for Kerry (assuming Kerry has the common sense to run with what Clinton spun for him, as it's much better than he or anyone else could do for him).

But hey, for the first time I'm gonna let myself actually hope without the "yeah, I know it's futile" part attached.

I'm starting to think that barring a major shift (big gaffe, attack, war, Osama etc) that the Dems actually have a chance of pulling it close and... dare I hope... maybe even pulling it off.

So screw it, I decided to cheer again. This sorta feels like trying to cheer for the Bulls after a Jordan retirement but let's see where the cards fall.

I've got my staple mooning act and general rambunctiousness planned for what I am seeing as an increasingly possible win, what about you?

What will you do if Bush loses?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,276 • Replies: 44
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:01 am
Breathe out for the first time in several years.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:06 am
Disclaimer: before anyone reads too much into my planned exhuberance note that I can be as estatic about a Bulls or Corinthians victory (or a Palmeiras loss).
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:15 am
mooning san diego everytime the bulls win huh? good thing it does'nt happen too often Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:16 am
I'll be less concerned with the boob in the white house than i will be to see Kerry do a good job. For as much as i want to see Bush out, it will be the future which will matter to me, rather than the past. The past is where i entertain myself, the future is where i will be obliged to live.

That being said, although the study of the putz won't be of any interest to me, i will be gratified to see the Shrub fade into history.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:19 am
They can't win now - Craven's jinxed it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:20 am
Superstitious wimmin. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:21 am
since we don't get to vote for prez here, it don't matter too much to me personally although the other members of the guam contractor's association will be worried. there's been a lot of multi-million dollar military projects going on, with hints of more to follow.

i'll have a double shot of jack daniels if bush wins, another if kerry loses, and the same should if kerry wins, and bush loses. i should get a pretty good buzz in any case..........
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:22 am
If Kerry wins I'll have a shot of Jack Daniels

If Bush wins I'll have a shot of Drano.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:26 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Superstitious wimmin. Rolling Eyes

hubristic min
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:45 am
I was thinking about this the other day. With the level of anger many Americans feel toward the bastard, there will have to be one bitter farewell party when he goes.

I know there will be plenty of "Mission Accomplished" signs.
To be honest, mooning didn't cross my mind.

Let's plan a giant party. What else would it include?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:40 am
Re: If Bush loses the elections.....
Craven de Kere wrote:

What will you do if Bush loses?

to cheer

look also here haha
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29827
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:03 am
I will probably be over in Washington for the election, so if Kerry wins, I will try to get a sort of VE-day-style street party going on.

If Bush wins, then I will go off to the Jefferson monument and mope for a protracted amount of time.

0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:05 am
Let's take turns driving and mooning from San Diego to Houston.

I'll fly out there, rent a Hummer and I'll even do the driving until we get to Vegas.

I've always wanted to show my ass on the Strip.

We'll get a coupla hookers and pay them to moon with us, up and down the Strip with our asses out the windows, doors, and sunroof until we get tired (or our time with the hookers runs out).

You drive until we get to Albuquerque, where we pick up Diane, dyslexia, and BBB and have one big-ass high-flyin' time in the Land of Enchantment.

On to Amarillo where we moon the Cadillac Ranch, then Fort Worth and Dallas ("check out this fat stock, you buncha drugstore cowboys!"). I think we ought to swing by Ross Perot's house and let him show his pimply, wrinkled booty around his block a few times.

On to Big Greasy, where we crash the pity party at Poppy and Bar's over in Tanglewood. How many rumps can be pressed against the windows of a Hummer? Depends on the size of each individual one, I suppose, but we really ought to go for the Guinness record.

Finally, a big ol' rootin' tootin' Texas Hoedown at my place, complete with pet goat roastings, some trash-can punch that'll make your brain go AWOL, and an orgy with some household pets -- box turtles, dogs, cats, bunny rabbits, whatever we can rustle up -- in the cabana.

What say?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:15 am
If Bush loses? I'll be able to relax. I'll be less depressed. But, what shall I do to celebrate? Maybe I'll go out and join the street-partying that will be sure to happen here in my town.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:31 am
If Bush loses I will feel as if a very heavy weight has been removed from this nation. And hope that Kerry [the new administration] is able to repair the damage. As to what will I do, get up in the morning put my pants on one leg of the time and get on with my life.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:52 am
Oh joy! Craven's doomsday post (you know, the one that he wrote eons ago and keeps being right... and right... and right) has been depressing me for a while. There might really be a chance!!

Re: Clinton's spin, it occurred to me while I was watching ('cause it was SO expletive good), did he like ask Kerry, hey man, do you want to use this instead? Does Kerry have something even better?

Looking forward to Thursday, REALLY hoping Kerry can pull it off. Edwards I'm not worried about, I'm just gonna plonk down with some popcorn and expect good stuff. From what I know of Kerry, he's good at coming through when it matters, so my hopes are high-ish.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:02 am
Re: If Bush loses the elections.....
Craven de Kere wrote:
I've long been predicting a comfortable win

That statement fascinates me. Just wondering, if I may ask, why you thought so?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:03 am
I will maintain my dignity so as not to appear partisan.....I shall immediately begin keeping a log of Kerry's activities so I can fairly judge his presidency and be ready to criticize him as harshly as I have bush if necessary I will....stop!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I can't keep a straight face.....
I will go crazy, I will kiss my wife......I will contact the one rightwingnut in my band......I will log on to A2K and Abuzz and I will

GLOAT!!!!!!!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:09 am
The thought of the tears that will be shed by some Bush partisans makes my heart sing.
0 Replies