other high-profile individuals' visits there for the treatment of psychiatric disorders?

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 05:00 am
Does "other high-profile individuals' visits there for the treatment of psychiatric disorders" refer to "other high-profile individuals' visits there for the treatment of psychiatric disorders (of the high-profile individuals - that is, the individuals suffer from the disorders)"?

Context:

A media circus surrounded President Bill Clinton!s visit to a
New York medical centre in 2004 for a quadruple heart bypass.

A Yet barely a whisper was heard about other high-profile individuals' visits there for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
In Britain, the public donates £500 million (US$800 million) each
year to charities for cancer research. For mental-health research,
the figure is a few million, and most of that is for work on neuro-
degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer!s, rather than for earlier
onset conditions that can undermine people!s entire lives, such as
depressive disorders.

-nature -Vol 463 | Issue no. 7277 | 7 January 2010
A decade for psychiatric disorders
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 454 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
layman
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 11:56 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
Does "other high-profile individuals' visits there for the treatment of psychiatric disorders" refer to "other high-profile individuals' visits there for the treatment of psychiatric disorders (of the high-profile individuals - that is, the individuals suffer from the disorders)"?

Yeah, that's the only way I would read it, Oris. Did some other possible reading occur to you?
oristarA

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 07:45 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, that's the only way I would read it, Oris. Did some other possible reading occur to you?

It occurs to me, in the first place, as though the dignities visit there to investigate the development of thee treatment of psychiatric diseases so that they will make proper policies for the mental health of the people for the country(the United States).
layman

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 08:02 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
It occurs to me, in the first place, as though the dignities visit there to investigate the development of thee treatment of psychiatric diseases so that they will make proper policies for the mental health of the people for the country(the United States).

I see. I just looked at the main point of the article, i.e., that relatively speaking, psychiatric disorders, and possible cures therefor, get very little attention, to reach my interpretation.
0 Replies