Don't know what to do

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:29 am
I am a married male. I have been married for 22 years. My wife recently had an affair with her first love. A few months she told me she had always thought I was gay and just waiting until my parents to pass before I come out. Had never thought I was but now I think I am bisexual. I still love my wife and have always been fully devoted to her. I am afraid if I come out to her, she will leave me.

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:44 am
@Confused99 ,
Are you really bi, or are you just submitting to her suggestion?

I suspect a lot of this is more fallout from the affair than anything else.

I suggest counseling to you. Together if she'll go, or alone if she won't. Get some tools for dealing with the affair and how it has affected your marriage. Talk to an impartial third-party professional about whether you want to stay married (some marriages recover; others don't). Talk about your sexuality, too. Maybe you are bi or gay, but that's for you to know and decide and understand, and not your wife to plant the seed!

The whole idea of her hanging around until you come out is one of the weirder threats to leave I've seen on here. She's kind of locking you into a rock/hard place situation, where she pushes you to come out and has also told you she'll bail when you do.

Yeah, counseling. Talk about why this is a raw deal, too.
0 Replies