does he want to be friends with me

detour1

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 02:38 pm
Hi okay last week my friend and i saw my friend play magic cards. and i wanted to play ,we sometimes have lunch together and i asked if we could play someday and he said sure. he taught me how to play. i won the game and he said good job. but some days when i try to talk to him and asked if we could play or even talk he says i don't know or maybe. but when we play the game he smiles and seems to be enjoying himself. but it seems like he is my friend one day but the next it seems like he hates me. also when he is with his friends ,it just ignore me ,act like i am not there. also we gave each other hugs often. does it sound like we are friends ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 02:40 pm
@detour1,
He certainly wants to impress his friends more than be nice to you.

How old are you two? His behavior is very immature.
detour1

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:05 pm
@jespah,
Hi I am 20
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:06 pm
@detour1,
Sounds more like you're acquaintances than friends. Certainly it doesn't sound like there is a close friendship developing.

He's just someone you know - an acquaintance.
detour1

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Hi I told him you are my friend and then gave him a arm hug and he said yay and then give me a arm hug
jespah

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:42 pm
@detour1,
Once again, I think you need to revisit this with your treatment team.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 04:46 pm
@detour1,
You have a history of posting about these same relationship dynamics in the forum. Also you have expressed more details in your other posts. What gives? Why the multiple posts?

Is this the same situation as you asked about a few times over the last yr? Such as in this post:
http://able2know.org/topic/264954-1#post-5863211

The previous advice offered to you before by Jespah was worthwhile. It is still true:

Quote:
If you're in treatment for Aspie then you need to accept that you might not have a clear idea of what is truly 'fine'.

Again, speak with your parents and your caregiver(s) about this matter. This is a job for them to figure out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 04:49 pm
@detour1,
Talk to your parents and school support team about this.

You need help understanding social cues and friendships.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 05:03 pm
"but the next it seems like he hates me."

HATE? Really? When did THAT happen?

Your perceptions are extreme and will cause you unhappiness.

Right now, you have a friend. That's a good place to start.
0 Replies