How can I tell my teacher how I feel ?

detour1

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 03:16 pm
Hi I met this new person at my school and we are cool and we say hi to each other. I had problems with previous friendships that I followed and bugged them to much. my teacher found out that I met this new friend and she asked my friend if he had any problems with me hanging with him. and he said no. now the teacher told him that I need help with personal space and things. then she talks to me and she says he has some problems too ,like me. but she is making us both only allowing us to sit together once before school starts and we cannot sit together at lunch anymore and I can only talk to him in the halls at school. I am a little stress out about this and I am not sure if its unfair or fair. I kind of miss the old ways.
also on the first day this started at lunch he look over at me. I think he misses it too.
what should I do?

sorry for my poor wording

View best answer, chosen by detour1
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:05 pm
May I ask how old you two are?

Are you both guys or girls? I can't tell from your post.

It sounds like you both have issues from the past that make school officials a little uncomfortable. Maybe you will be able to sit together at lunch if you show that you can both keep the guidelines that were given to you. This privilege might have to be earned.

Ask your teacher what you have to do so you can "earn" the right to sit by this person.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:11 pm
@PUNKEY,
Not sure exactly re this post.

Do you think that the Teacher has a right to tell someone who they can engage with at lunch time?

I would suspect so perhaps if they were 6, if they were in Primary School though?
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm thinking middle school ages, but don't really know.
detour1

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:14 pm
@PUNKEY,
Hi I am 19 and he is 15 and it was a different person that I had problems with before
0 Replies

detour1

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:15 pm
@PUNKEY,
Hi we are both in high school and both males
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 05:03 pm
@detour1,
Since this kind of thing is rather rare, I am going to go out on a limb and ask if you're in treatment for Asperger's disorder. Because from my perspective, if you're incapable of letting go or not bothering someone, that can (at times, not always) be an indication of someone being on the Aspie spectrum.

If you are then this is a talk to be having with the people responsible for your treatment plan. If you aren't, then I would suggest talking to your parents. Most people within your age group aren't required to sit or not sit with anyone - although there may be a concern as you are 4 years older than this other guy. Either way, actually, talk to your parents as this is either, to my mind, a teacher trying to fit things within a treatment plan or you might do well to be evaluated.

Being told who you can sit with at lunch, when you are over the age of 18, is hardly a normal thing to be happening.
detour1

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 06:45 pm
@jespah,
I not sure what I got for treatment and my friend sits with his other friends but should I tell the teacher how I feel on this
0 Replies

detour1

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 05:33 am
@jespah,
also the teacher says he is doing to help each other out with personal space but everything is fine
jespah

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 07:50 am
@detour1,
If you're in treatment for Aspie then you need to accept that you might not have a clear idea of what is truly 'fine'.

Again, speak with your parents and your caregiver(s) about this matter. This is a job for them to figure out.
0 Replies

freelyndatrial

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 11:12 pm
@detour1,
Babe.. Missing each other is just the initial part of falling in love. However i would advise that you should not compromise on personal space.
0 Replies