I Am Soooo Sick Of This Nonsense

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 03:15 pm
Well I feel sorry for your friend. I - ME? - made her a target. That's a really interesting way to put it.

I presume somebody has explained to her the problems involved and that she isn't being singled out for harrassment. I think if I was in that situation--I am pretty cold blooded myself and often wear a coat longer than most people do--I would understand and would willingly show the authorities that I was safe.

Or do you suggest that we should put the entire community at risk to avoid inconveniencing one person?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 03:36 pm
What's this BPB has no understanding of what to do except cower and be grateful for bush telling me what to do bullshit?

I think my post perfectly expressed how I feel about these alerts, and anyone with half a brain could deduce easily what my opinion is on what to do based on my original comments, but I'll spell it out for the slow among us.

The freaking opposite. If there's nothing concrete and specific to say, shut the hell up.

I know terrorism is guerilla warfare and can strike anytime anywhere without warning. I accept it and go about my business.

If my government or anyone else on or off these threads wants me to be aware that it might happen, and that they receive unsubstantiated and unspecific chat about it all the time, then be happy. I do.

If however you want me at the same time I accept it to be in a constant state of fear, eat me. When you let me know that something is supposed to happen close to me, I will pay attention and head for the cellar if need be, otherwise hush. Shucks I even own duct tape and plastic so I should be all right.

So in a nutshell, be specific or quit crying wolf out loud.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 03:40 pm
This is addressed to Foxfyre

What you proposes is to allow the authorities to establish a range of acceptable behavior and put everyone outside that range under suspicion until they explain themselves to the authorities satisfaction. That is a police state. We used to laugh at certain other countries with smug superiority because we were not like that and (we said) never would be.

edited for clarity
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 03:40 pm
And you just ignored all the posts and went right back to your original thesis BPB Smile

That's okay. I accepted that this is to be a Bush bashing thread and I'll leave you guys to it. I did my best to show how your views aren't universal, but it doesn't really matter. And Au, you did exactly the same.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 04:29 pm
Foxfyre....my original thesis as you put it is what I think, is how I think it should be handled, and is my opinion which I believe you 've been whining about wanting to have.

Be careful what you wish for, and I wish I could say I'll miss you as you leave this thread.......but I can't.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 10:18 pm
theollady wrote:
Foxfire,

You have asked for opinion on POLICY several times, re:

B-polar reported how sick he was of hearing there is new terrorism afoot, with no understanding of what we should do, (( but possibly tremble and kneel in passionate gratitude that we have a 'head of nation' that tells us when to be afraid))

We already know the United States is a "prime/favorite" target for Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda- and keeping on RIDING THAT HORSE is like telling a dying man, 'hey today might be the day you die'- and then CROW LOUDLY on the day he dies-- see, I tol' you--

Probably, policy should be to have something of substance to report or merely state, this is just a reminder.
Tell the people what the 'intelligence' indicates. If there are NEW things we can do... like "stay in the house on Thursday"--
or "we have really good intelligence that August is time we will be attacked and this is where we think it will happen" something specific, or as I said... be content to just remind Americans, take your usual precautions.
(Being a Christian, I am surprised the President does not suggest we all be "prayed up".)

Refreshingly, I can't identify on which side of the political spectrum you reside. This is a good thing.

Your comments seem to have caused BiPo to get his panties in a wad.
This, too, is a good thing.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 10:34 pm
Back for just a second. I did mean to acknowledge theollady's post and thank her for a reasoned and intelligent response. It would have have fun to have continued in that vein.

Sorry BPB. I really am gone now.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 12:09 am
Finn you old snot, my panties are fine.....but if it gives you pleasure, by all means imagine them wadded up. :wink:
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 06:40 am
I thought you wore a girdle anyway...or is that only when you're onstage?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 07:48 am
actually it's a doc johnsons spandex and whale bone penis extender....and definitely only on stage...it's very chafing....
0 Replies