I Am Soooo Sick Of This Nonsense

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:37 am
These convenient, but never confirmed or specific terror alerts. They're bullshit IMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/23/convention.security/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,061 • Replies: 69
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:39 am
Grandpa Simpson: "AHHH! DEATH!!"

Lisa Simpson: "That's just Maggie."
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:48 pm
"A threat alert bulletin issued Thursday by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security reiterates a warning that terrorists may be planning a U.S. attack in the summer or fall but revealed no credible or specific threat concerning the convention."

I am surprised this hasn't warranted at least a rating of yellow... without setting a precedent now, how will they justify closing down the elections in November???
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:57 pm
They might not close down elections in November if Jeb has found a 'solution' by then. Otherwise, expect terrorists.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:04 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Grandpa Simpson: "AHHH! DEATH!!"

Lisa Simpson: "That's just Maggie."

Laughing That joke never gets old Laughing.

It's weird that these supposed 'super-Lego-brick' terrorists are wishing to attack a Democrat convention... I wonder how many will be fooled and not go?

0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:57 pm
I'm surprised that people even pay attention to those things anymore (the threats, not the conventions).

All it does is give the government a reason to pacify the public through fear, and if it ever amounts to an actual attack, something they can do to pass off the blame ("Well, don't come cryin' to us...we warned you!").

They'll actually be worth something the day they start giving some detail on the possible attack. ANY detail would make it more credible. Jeez, at least tell us what type of attack might be possible! Car bomb? Biological agent? Foul language? C'mon, give us something!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 02:14 pm
Someone should explain to the dunderheads what results from constantly crying wolf. The question of course is would someone with Bush's limited mental capacity understand.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:08 pm
I think it's a no-win situation for the administration. If they put the warnings out, they are accused of pandering to fears of the public. If they don't put the warnings out and something does happen, they'll be accused of negligence or inattention.

What do you think the national policy should be about terrorist threats?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:36 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I think it's a no-win situation for the administration. If they put the warnings out, they are accused of pandering to fears of the public. If they don't put the warnings out and something does happen, they'll be accused of negligence or inattention.

What do you think the national policy should be about terrorist threats?

oh don't worry they'll always have you and thoe like you to defend their actions.......anyone else in any other country or any private enterprise who operated in this manner would be distrusted by you but since it's bush you give him the benefit of the doubt.. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:45 pm
Um how do you derive that from what I said BPB? And again I ask, what do you think the national policy should be about terrorist threats?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:59 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Um how do you derive that from what I said BPB? And again I ask, what do you think the national policy should be about terrorist threats?
They don't have any because all they want to do is critize without having anything better to offer. I was going to ask the same thing you did but you beat me to it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 04:02 pm
Quote:

I think it's a no-win situation for the administration...

God, I hope you are right!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 04:21 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:50 pm
If we're really lucky, they'll send the Governator out to stump for the Shrub. That'd fix 'em good . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:52 pm
my fovorite nickname was "der gropenfueher".
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:20 pm
well yeah but thats probably just cause you seem to really go for the hitler-related nicknames ...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:14 pm
Attention!
Attention! I just got the low down on the terrorist threat details.

On July 30th, the terrorist will gather in New York's Central Park. They will fan out and eradicate all weeds growing there in violation of Islamist Law. The weed killer will be a distillation of George Bush's poop.

BBB
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:25 pm
Laughing

(Phones (the Fox-owned trashy newspaper) The Sun, to see whether they'll buy it. They probably would.)

0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 06:56 am
Could it be that Ridge has a wall chart scheduling the issuance of warnings. And it is scheduled at close enough intervals inorder that when and if an attack occurs there ass is covered by being able to issue an "I told you so" statement. Shocked
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:46 am
How much do you want to know about terrorist threats? What should be the administration's policy on this?
0 Replies