Man choosing spray over rifle nearly killed by grizzly

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 03:59 am
swolf, indications are that even without mans interference (ie about 35KyBP) various populations of megafauna rose and fell in marvelous stratigraphic cycles. Population reacted to climate change and genetic diversity plummeted resulting in , ?? evolution by clipping diversity and populational drift.

aS far as the a*hole with the pepper spray--he was a true a*hole for believing that stuff works like its advertized in Field and STream. Pepper IS A FLAVORING. BEars love h sapiens au poivre.

Id have a gun with punch at my side or I would stay out of grizzly territory. This, "dominion over all animals" is good stuff , but did anyone inform the animals ? There was a story on MPT about some guy who lived among ALaskan barren ground grizzlies and chronicled their daily lives. He made it for about 7 years until he was ripped apart. He chose to be gunless. He was brave , but a fool.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 04:11 am
Quote:
Of the various perverted mantras of the left, none is worse or more hateful than the one which says that henceforth animals are more important and more valuable than people.

And some-one forced 'Dan'l Boone' to go into the woods? Amazingly, 100% of people who don't go out hunting in the woods and bother bears on their own turf DON'T get injured or killed in bear attacks.

Also, amazingly about 99.9995% of animals aren't 10 feet high with a set of teeth and claws that can kill a moose. If every damn animal was that f@cking ferocious we'd never leave our houses. But, it is better to be safe than sorry (right) and we should do whatever we can to speed up the rate of extinction of all wild animals just in case they decide to attack white, American males hunting in the Boondooks. Oh ****, I just remembered those guys are likely to be killed by white, American males out on hunting expeditions*.... what to do?

Quote:
a total of 91 people died and 835 more were injured during U.S. hunting accidents in 2000
0 Replies

Earl Grey

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 04:50 am
swolf wrote:
Shooting a government wolf in Montana is something like a $100,000 fine and ten years in prison if I've heard it correctly. You can usually kill people and get off easier than that, at least in Maryland.

You could make a plea of insanity... I'm not saying in which case. Cool
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 05:15 am
What have we learned here kids?

Two things.

1. Swolf is great fun at a party.

2. Bears....don't f*#k with 'em.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:35 am
I can testify under oath that I've never been attacked by a bear here in the city!
I also can testify that bears pose no significant threat while riding the elevator to the third floor. Wink
0 Replies

Forlorn

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 04:59 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Quote:
Of the various perverted mantras of the left, none is worse or more hateful than the one which says that henceforth animals are more important and more valuable than people.

And some-one forced 'Dan'l Boone' to go into the woods? Amazingly, 100% of people who don't go out hunting in the woods and bother bears on their own turf DON'T get injured or killed in bear attacks.

Also, amazingly about 99.9995% of animals aren't 10 feet high with a set of teeth and claws that can kill a moose. If every damn animal was that f@cking ferocious we'd never leave our houses. But, it is better to be safe than sorry (right) and we should do whatever we can to speed up the rate of extinction of all wild animals just in case they decide to attack white, American males hunting in the Boondooks. Oh ****, I just remembered those guys are likely to be killed by white, American males out on hunting expeditions*.... what to do?

Quote:
a total of 91 people died and 835 more were injured during U.S. hunting accidents in 2000

Amazingly enough, 100% of the people who live in safe places today are safe because someone in the past had enough balls to go out and slaughter some animals and make it safe for ingrates such as yourself.

Man has been killing and control animial populations for centuries... no sense in stopping that now, animials haven't gone extinct yet, and don't look to either.

While some animals go extinct, this is made up for the fact that other animals which co-exist with humans, such as cows, dogs, birds, multiply like mad while others which don't go our way are eradicated. Big deal. If it doesn't hurt you then it doesn't hurt me, and the ecosystem is fine without a few rare strains of species that never did anything except look nice and cute.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 05:23 pm
also... Theytookurjobs!!!
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 05:39 pm
The problem isn't animals; man can deal with animals.

The problem is leftists and the myriad rules which they have imposed, and insane programs for bringing wolves and the like into areas in which they are neither needed nor wanted, for breeding crocodiles in areas in which humans have always lived, for protecting killer sharks, for banning DDT and thereby sentencing tens of millions of people to death from malaria and unnecessary diseases including now West Nile in America...

Rachel Carson has at least as much blood on her hands as Hitler does and, if I had to guess what she was up to at present, I'd guess she was probably down there f**king Adolf Hitler right now.

Chiggers, biting flies, mosquitos, and the sundry creatures of Pandora's box are not God's creations; the devil or some other asshole created those things and, as we obtain the powers needed to eliminate them from our planet, we should do so. Wolves, big cats and the like can survive perfectly well in remote areas of Alaska, Canada, and Africa; we don't need them in Idaho or in New York City. In fact, if the fricking leftists are hellbent to introduce them into Idaho and Montana, then the people of Idaho and Montana are perfectly within their rights to introduce them to Central Park.
0 Replies