Man choosing spray over rifle nearly killed by grizzly

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
An unwarranted slur against four-year-olds . . . most of those whom i have in this age category display a good deal more sense and intelligence than The Christian Soldier . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:34 pm
Screw it, let's just kill everything off. Didn't God give Man dominion over the animals? The big guy likes a little blood sport now and then.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:39 pm
patiodog wrote:
Screw it, let's just kill everything off. Didn't God give Man dominion over the animals? The big guy likes a little blood sport now and then.

Yes then someday the children can go to the zoo and look at empty cages. Grandparents can regale them with tales of what the earth was like when we had animals on it.

I've never understood the Christian notion that God thinks it's ok to abuse, and kill her creatures. If God created all, and that includes animals wouldn't that suggest that God thought they were important to life? So why would good god fearing people think it's appropriate to go out and gun down animals for the pleasure of killing?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:39 pm
I mean, we really should keep some animals stay alive - at least for a short period - otherwise we all had to eat just plants and become damned leftish veganers!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:48 pm
Favorite bumper sticker: If God didn't want us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat?

But seriously it would be ashame to not protect endangered animals. Look what happened when we killed off the wolf... the deer population ballooned. Now they are every where. We have special off-season hunts here in Wisconsin to try to kill off some of the heard just to stop the spread of chronic wasting disease.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:51 pm
patiodog wrote:

easy fella....dogs are animals.....bears too....
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
An unwarranted slur against four-year-olds . . . most of those whom i have in this age category display a good deal more sense and intelligence than The Christian Soldier . . .

What else should I have called him? George W. Bush? (...) Nah, that's just nasty Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:52 pm
swolf wrote:
Karzak wrote:
.I mean, aside from sex and fast motorcycles, what could be more fun than tying that idiot to a tree and making him watch as you killed every one of those crocodiles with an M14 or FAL rifle?

How about tying swolf naked to a tree in the middle of the everglades and smearing her ass in turtle blood and tuna oil? :wink:
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:52 pm
Why don´t you promote a lawsuit against the bear´s surviving family?

I mean , you could even charge them for the bullet that was used to put him down! Razz
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:53 pm
Quote:
We have special off-season hunts here in Wisconsin to try to kill off some of the heard just to stop the spread of chronic wasting disease.

It took me a while after moving here (Dane County) to find out why I never saw any deer. Didn't know about CWD at the time. Course, unless Illinois does something about their CWD herds, southern Wisconsin's never going to be free of the disease.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:57 pm
patiodog wrote:
It took me a while after moving here (Dane County) to find out why I never saw any deer. Didn't know about CWD at the time. Course, unless Illinois does something about their CWD herds, southern Wisconsin's never going to be free of the disease.

Damn Flat-Landers (actually I'm a transplanted flat-lander) But you are right.

How do you not see any deer in Dane County? I see them every in Milwaukee County.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:01 pm
I come from a family of hunters and although I could never shoot an innocent animal I don't begrudge those who actually use it as food like my family has.

What bothers me is this total dismissal as to the importance animals are to our lives. That they are void feelings which they are not, that they are all dumb which they are not.

It's one thing to hunt for food and another to hunt for animal trophies. People who hunt for the biggest deer mess with the eco system. Like nature the goal is to weed out the sick and weak who will not survive anyway leaving the strong to help the packs, etc... survive and maintain their numbers. We have all seen what happens to species if we just let people start killing them, it affects other animals and it will in turn effect us.

I just can't believe that there are those out there driving around with a jesus fish thinking that he would condone shooting animals just because you can. I think Jesus and most real spiritualist have a sincere respect for nature and if you don't then you aren't anything close to spiritual and to claim yourself to be a Christian is a false label.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:04 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Favorite bumper sticker: If God didn't want us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat?

But seriously it would be ashame to not protect endangered animals. Look what happened when we killed off the wolf... the deer population ballooned. Now they are every where. We have special off-season hunts here in Wisconsin to try to kill off some of the heard just to stop the spread of chronic wasting disease.

Wolves are indescriminate killers and our forbears killed them out of the south 48 for real reasons. Moreover, the wolves which the lunatic leftists have been reintroducing are not the normal wolves which used to live there, but rather the much larger and more dangerous canadian and alaskan wolves, which are in no danger of extinction in their own northern habitats.

These creatures repeatedly drive populations of prey animals (deer, elk, moose etc) to the point of collapse at which their own numbers collapse also in a yo-yo boom/bust cycle and the prey species lose genetic diversity at the low eb of each cycle since they are having to rebuild populations from a handful of animals each time. In other words, the genetic health and survivability of our own deer and elk herds are being endangered by this lunatic policy. These herds had been well managed for decades prior to the reintroduction of wolves.

That's aside from damage they cause to humans and livestock of course. You need to read some of the horror stories to believe the grief people are being put through by these leftists. An example:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1073500/posts

Quote:

The Wolf Trap
American Hunter Magazine (NRA - National Rifle Association member publication ^ | January 2004 | By Chuck Adams

Posted on 02/07/2004 10:59:48 AM PST by Delphinium

By Chuck Adams

American Hunter Magazine (NRA - National Rifle Association member publication)

Montana resident Geri Ball stood with her fists on her hips and a knot in the pit of her stomach. At her feet were the remains of her prize female llama, entrails and unborn baby scattered across the animal's pen. This 850-pound pregnant pet had been eaten alive by wolves from northwestern Montana's Nine-Mile Pack. The mother llama's screams of pain and fear had sliced through the night…but too late to save the mortally wounded animal.

Hunting outfitter Bill Hoppe glassed a sweeping vista just north of Yellowstone National Park, his expert eyes searching for elk that have traditionally thrived in Montana Hunting Districts 313 and 317. The only tracks in the fresh snow were those of gray wolves. Hoppe also had a knot in his gut. Nonresident hunting clients were due to arrive tomorrow, and there were no elk to be found.

On the Little North Fork of Idaho's Clearwater River, Bror Borjesson watched helplessly in his flashlight beam as members of the Marble Mountain wolf pack attacked four horses in his hunting camp at 1:30 a.m. Sheena, his pregnant Appaloosa mare, panicked and flipped on the tether rope securely knotted to his horse trailer. Her spine snapped with a sickening crunch.

Bullet, a three-year-old gelding, broke his tether rope and galloped away with Syringa, another pregnant mare. The wolves were close behind, slashing at the horses' heels. The man never saw his prize pair again, and Sheena had to be put down.
< br>

A cowboy on the Diamond G Cattle Ranch in Wyoming's Dunoir Valley climbed off his horse and crouched beside a mutilated beef calf. Big, doglike tracks littered the area around the carcass. The young animal's entrails were scattered, the anus ripped out, the hips partly gnawed away. It was a classic wolf kill.

All of these incidents and hundreds more like them have occurred in the West's Tri-State area during the past two years alone. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming are under siege by terrorists…and these terrorists are not from the Middle East. Instead, they were deliberately introduced to central Idaho and Yellowstone National Park in 1995 and 1996 with the blessing of the Clinton Administration.....

0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:14 pm
Redheat wrote:
It's one thing to hunt for food and another to hunt for animal trophies. People who hunt for the biggest deer mess with the eco system. Like nature the goal is to weed out the sick and weak who will not survive anyway leaving the strong to help the packs, etc... survive and maintain their numbers. We have all seen what happens to species if we just let people start killing them, it affects other animals and it will in turn effect us.

I have found something I can agree with you on Redheat.

swolf... there is a balance in the ecosystem. Without predators the deer population continues to grow unchecked. This in turn causes not only diseases like CWD but also millions of dollars in automobile accidents each year. I am sorry a few people have lost "prize llamas" but it is humans who have encroached on the wild... not vice versa.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:18 pm
Introducing Canadian wolves into the south 48 is not the solution. A far better solution to the problem of deer herd management in suburban areas is this:

http://www.highcountryarchery.com/images/bows/bow_perfx_carb.jpg

No noise, limited range, and with practice you can consistently hit a tennis ball with it at 30 yards, which is the normal range for most deer hunting.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:21 pm
Quote:
How do you not see any deer in Dane County?

The Eradication zone overlaps Dane and Iowa (and a bit of Sauk) Counties.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:21 pm
Do you have a bunker in your backyard swolf?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:27 pm
Go ahead and shoot all the deer you want.. but I agree with Redheat that it should be used to weed out the weak and sick. Or at least use it for food... not just a trophy.

We wouldn't have to introduce Canadian wolves into the lower 48 states if peple didn't kill off all the indigenous wolves in the first place.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:29 pm
Quote:
These creatures repeatedly drive populations of prey animals (deer, elk, moose etc) to the point of collapse at which their own numbers collapse also in a yo-yo boom/bust cycle and the prey species lose genetic diversity at the low eb of each cycle since they are having to rebuild populations from a handful of animals each time.

And yet, after millions of years of coexistence, both wolf and deer populations were still there. Go figure.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:38 pm
patiodog wrote:
Quote:
These creatures repeatedly drive populations of prey animals (deer, elk, moose etc) to the point of collapse at which their own numbers collapse also in a yo-yo boom/bust cycle and the prey species lose genetic diversity at the low eb of each cycle since they are having to rebuild populations from a handful of animals each time.

And yet, after millions of years of coexistence, both wolf and deer populations were still there. Go figure.

That the "millions of years" is a whiteman's fairytale. A few thousand years, a few tens of thousands, but not millions.

Other than that, the wolves which used to live in the south 48, were adapted to it and probably did not produce yoyo cycles.
0 Replies