Man choosing spray over rifle nearly killed by grizzly

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:31 am
http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/articles_speeches.cfm?articleid=17

Quote:

Of the various perverted mantras of the left, none is worse or more hateful than the one which says that henceforth animals are more important and more valuable than people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,751 • Replies: 47
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:37 am
youve gotta be alive to be prosecuted. So you are always faced with the decision. My own choice- wack the bear and 'dispose' the body in New Jersey
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:39 am
Quote:
My own choice- wack the bear and 'dispose' the body in New Jersey

farmerman- I thought that all the spots in Joisey were filled up already! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:45 am
You guys are no fun . . . The Christian Soldier wants you to come here to argue, so that he can heap scorn on libruls . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:48 am
Setanta- Nah, I don't feel like arguing.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:19 am
OK, I'll bite, why not (not gonna come back here anyway ...)

The man went out hunting. Right?

OK, so here's my problem with the "leftist mantra that animals are more important and more valuable than people" thing. Lemme get this right. A man goes out to kill animals. An animal attacks back. And at that point, the man's right to kill that animal, too, is a question of "not letting animals be more important than people"?

I mean, I woulda shot the bear too, obviously, at that point in time - man's life is at stake. But the whole thing about going out to kill animals, and then whining about your right to shoot them being a question of "self-defence" is a bit ... whiny.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:26 am
leftist mantra indeed....what a maroon......
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:29 am
I couldn't agree more with nimh (but than again, I'm a member of Greenpeace :wink: )
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:53 am
farmerman wrote:
youve gotta be alive to be prosecuted. So you are always faced with the decision. My own choice- wack the bear and 'dispose' the body in New Jersey

In the case of a wolf, sure. In the case of a black bear, maybe. But a grizzly can easily weigh 1000 lbs. How exactly to dispose of a 1000-lb body is something you might have to think about for a while...
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:57 am
nimh wrote:

OK, so here's my problem with the "leftist mantra that animals are more important and more valuable than people" thing. Lemme get this right. A man goes out to kill animals. An animal attacks back. And at that point, the man's right to kill that animal, too, is a question of "not letting animals be more important than people"?

Shooting a government wolf in Montana is something like a $100,000 fine and ten years in prison if I've heard it correctly. You can usually kill people and get off easier than that, at least in Maryland.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:01 am
(schniff) so sad.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:07 am
swolf wrote:
nimh wrote:

Shooting a government wolf in Montana is something like a $100,000 fine and ten years in prison if I've heard it correctly. You can usually kill people and get off easier than that, at least in Maryland.

I don't think the reception is that good on your planet if you think you "heard that" about Maryland.

Quote:

This makes me a bit suspect that this story is even true.

Here's the thing, people encroach on animal territory and then are shocked when they get attacked. The man who was attacked by a bear a few years back while jogging in the mountains understood that he was IN THEIR BACKYARD. Of course you have to defend yourself if need be, however animals have as much participation in life as humans. If they cease to exist we won't be far after.

We should respect animals and respect the lands in which they live. The idea that we have superior rights is what allowed us a clear conscience to kill millions of Native Americans and Mexicans when we laid claim to their land. It's what allows us the notion that we can pollute to our hearts delight without any kind of ramification.

If you go swimming in the ocean and get bit by a shark its not the shark that's at fault for they are doing what they were intended to do. We have to know how to respect the world around us .
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:41 am
To get put in prison the first time in Maryland, and in several other eastern states as well for that matter, you just about have to be a father-raper and a mother stabber (as Arlo Guthrie would put it), and then get on a waiting list for six to eight years. The decision the judge has to make is not the obvious one, i.e. "Is this guy bad enough for me to want to throw his ass in prison?" but, rather, "Is this guy bad enough for me to want to throw somebody who I KNOW is bad OUT of prison to make room for this guy?"
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:48 am
swolf wrote:
To get put in prison the first time in Maryland, and in several other eastern states as well for that matter, you just about have to be a father-raper and a mother stabber (as Arlo Guthrie would put it), and then get on a waiting list for six to eight years. The decision the judge has to make is not the obvious one, i.e. "Is this guy bad enough for me to want to throw his ass in prison?" but, rather, "Is this guy bad enough for me to want to throw somebody who I KNOW is bad OUT of prison to make room for this guy?"

Curious is the place from which your derive your information come with any kind of source material that you could possibly give us a link to?

Thanks

Maryland Laws

New York has the Death penalty and as far as I know when you shoot someone and they fall down dead that is considered murder. Whether is was the first time you shot someone dead or the 3rd, although we can all hope that someone isn't given 3 chances to kill people.

I've gotten you started now can you list the other "Eastern" states that do what you claim they do.

Maybe you can find for us anything that would support your claims here.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:54 am
Yeah, but you don't understand hunting laws, nimh. There's almost no such thing as "just hunting" in the US anymore. There are prescribed seasons of all big game animals, so you can't hunt bear in elk season. Likewise, all states that I'm aware of require a tag (special permission) to be approved and paid for, for each species. A cow elk permit does not entitle one to shoot a bear, or a bull elk, for that matter. I assume that's the situation, in this case.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:56 am
In nYS, you get a "Big Game" license which entitles you to one Buck and one black bear. They have recently included small game with the big game as they weren't making enough money.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 10:14 am
I will be happy when all the bears are gone, as well as the mountain lion and alligators. Man killed off most of the big predators, no one misses the sabre tooth or cave bear, why stop now?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:19 am
It's those darn Bald Eagles that really tick me off.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:15 pm
Karzak wrote:
I will be happy when all the bears are gone, as well as the mountain lion and alligators. Man killed off most of the big predators, no one misses the sabre tooth or cave bear, why stop now?

You might want to read Vine DeLoria's "Red Earth, White Lies" before claiming than man killed off sabretooths or any of the ice-age animals which perished around 12000 years ago.

Nonetheless you're correct in questioning the idea of wanting wolves, alligators, grizzlies or anything like that around humans.

The mindset of the left on these issues is surreal.

Consider the little city of Fredericksburg Va for instance, about halfway between D.C. and Richmond on I95. They used to have this nice river (Rappahannock) to fish in, splash in, row boats in... pretty much whatever they wanted. Kind of like a blessing from the Lord for the little town. Until the demmunist governor Mark Warner forced them to blow the dam to protect some stupid endangered fish that is. Now all you see under the Rappahannock bridge as you drive over it is a miserable little creek where the river used to be.

Or consider the crocodiles in the Naya river. Occasionally on PBS/WDNC, you see this thing where American reporters are interviewing some black African yuppie ecologist who is proclaiming how wonderful it is that crocodiles have been brought back from the brink of extinction over the last 30 years, and you can see the crocs hanging out around a narrow river passage where zebras and wildebeast have to cross. And then there's a human village about 400 yards downstream from that, and you can see women washing clothes at the bank of the river and, occasionally, casting furtive glances into the water. Asked how long the village has been there, the Americans are told pretty much since Adam and Eve, i.e. the village is not some new settlement in the midst of crocodiles due to population pressure or anything like that. The Americans ask about the safety of the villagers, and the yuppie ecologist replies something like "Oh, yeah, we lose ten or twelve of those dopey negroes every year, but that's the price of good wildlife conservation!"

Naturally, you don't have to ask whether or not the yuppie ecologist would tolerate crocodiles anywhere within 100 miles of his own family...

I mean, aside from sex and fast motorcycles, what could be more fun than tying that idiot to a tree and making him watch as you killed every one of those crocodiles with an M14 or FAL rifle?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
swolf wrote:
I mean, aside from sex and fast motorcycles, what could be more fun than tying that idiot to a tree and making him watch as you killed every one of those crocodiles with an M14 or FAL rifle?

What are you, 4 years old? Jesus Christ.
0 Replies